• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Mock Draft With An Interesting Observation

chknwing

Why are so many focused more on the slot they have us picking that the picks themselves?  We're all antsy, so this could be a nice diversion thread to kill some time.  I just don't understand the delight some get in pointing out where they have us picking, or by others pointing out that it is only based on record, and not some perceived belief that we will win it all.  Oh well, to each their own.

Anyway, I really like the Dodd pick.  He may not be a superforce early, but looks to be the type of guy that can develop into a real impact player.  If the comparison to Bennett is accurate, I would be thrilled with the pick. But then, I didn't have time to watch much college ball this year, so don't know a lot about him, and either some negatives will come out in other evaluations, or he will skyrocket up the rankings and out of our range.  Not sure about the Safety, though.  I do think we need a consistent playmaker back there to replace Harper, but IMO, a pass rushing DE and CB are bigger needs at this point.

5 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

If that's the case, he's been doing a Hell of a job.  Because he's picked against us a lot this year.  

He pegged Cam as a pre draft flop so he has to try to advance that narrative, otherwise he'd be admitting he was wrong.  "Experts" don't admit they don't know what the fug they're doing.  I'm sure in 2026 Cam will throw a couple of picks in a game and Bucky Brooks will chime in with an "I told you so".    

Archived