• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stewart held out of practice today

MurkN

He didn't appear to be 100% in the game.

rust.

the thing that stood out to me was on just about every play he was still standing on his feet when the whistle blew...even with defenders on him.

that's a good sign that the achilles is in good shape.

on another note, outside of his goal line carries, he was averaging 4 ypc.

not too shabby considering how bad the game was going and him missing almost the entire offseason.

I say 30 so jake doesnt throw more than 5 passes.

That is fine with me.... all I know is the Panthers have one of the best RB's in the league who took it the house for a lot of big runs last season, and he ends up splitting carries in the 1st half with a Stewart who sat out the entire training camp and pre-season :confused: The both had 9 carries each in the first half.

I was happy to see Stewart come in and play some after being out for so long and I thought he looked good, but after awhile I was lilke what the FFFFFFFF keep Williams back in there.

That is fine with me.... all I know is the Panthers have one of the best RB's in the league who took it the house for a lot of big runs last season, and he ends up splitting carries in the 1st half with a Stewart who sat out the entire training camp and pre-season :confused: The both had 9 carries each in the first half.

I was happy to see Stewart come in and play some after being out for so long and I thought he looked good, but after awhile I was lilke what the FFFFFFFF keep Williams back in there.

Yes unfortunately davidson is a idiot with the play calls..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

Per Pat Yas' Blog:

Wednesday’s injury reports are coming in from around the NFC South.

Carolina’s Chris Harris, Sherrod Martin, James Stewart and Nick Hayden all missed practice, while Everette Brown, Charles Johnson and Jeff Otah were limited.

I could have sworn he died. And he was so good in It's A Wonderful Life & Flight of the Phoenix. This is great news for classic movie buffs! Jimmy Stewart is alive and was held out of practice today!

Pat Yas is a moron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nfltearmreportcarrie&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart was apparently exhausted from his 11 carries Sunday. Stewart, a second-year back, was held out of practice Wednesday after barely practicing before the season opener because of Achilles tendon soreness.

This part alarms me more than anything. Why continue to run him if, in this case, he's exhausted? Shouldn't he be bought along more slowly than this if he's not in football shape, and does not have the stamina to carry it 15 times a game yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nfltearmreportcarrie&prov=tsn&type=lgns

This part alarms me more than anything. Why continue to run him if, in this case, he's exhausted? Shouldn't he be bought along more slowly than this if he's not in football shape, and does not have the stamina to carry it 15 times a game yet?

Escpecially when you have D.Williams!!!!

Martin was out too.he is looking more and more like a bust

Lol. I can't wait to watch Sean Smith play when he battles The Colts on Monday night. I want Martin to succeed and prove why The Panthers drafted him instead of Smith but I don't ever see that happening. Even he If becomes a good CB I doubt he will be better than Smith. I don't know what The Panthers saw in Martin that would make them decide to pass on Smith. It's a damn shame when NFL fans at times have more knowledge than people who are supposed to be pros at drafting talent.

it's yahoo sports. nuff said.

no one else is reporting anything about exhaustion.

Archived