• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther fans who HATE Cam Newton

Hotsauce

I know several Panther fans who, up until the last half of this season, would say with a straight face that the "jury's still out on Cam," some will STILL say this. They would make the old argument, that Cam is pretty good, but maybe one day when he grows up and stops wearing that stupid towel on his head and dancing for first downs, he will be great. This stupid co worker of mine said this to someone yesterday and I overheard it. It took everything I had to not be like WTF!?

I think what pisses these people off is that Cam has become one of the best QBs in the league and it didn't take him giving up who he is to do it. I understand if you don't like it when he celebrates first downs or touchdowns against your team, I don't like it when DE's celebrate sacks against us. But the sack upsets me WAY more than the silly dance.

If you are a Panther fan and can't cheer for Cam, that is an indictment of you, not him.

5 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

There is a guy who sits near me at BoA. He has absolutely hated Cam Newton since his rookie year. His reasons have nothing to do with on the field play, which is all I'll say about that. But all of a sudden during the Atlanta game he wanted to make it clear that he "had supported Cam since day 1 unlike most". I shook my head.

You're kidding right? I sat next to you guys at the 2014 Thursday night game against the Saints and had to listen to that toolbag. I kept telling him "if only Cam was white" to which he got very annoyed. 

3 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

I wouldn't say I hate Cam. I'm still not fond of him because of some recruiting debacle that happened ( basically he promised SC he would sign if they pulled all other QB offers then proceeded to go to Auburn) Lying is a huge issue no matter how many games you win. But he's grown on me a lot since hes become the QB. But for anyone to down right hate the guy is just dumb, especially Panthers fans. 

If you are talking about recruiting him from Blinn, SC wasn't even on Cam's radar. I don't think he ever talked to Spurrier after Spurrier told him he may convert him to TE out of high school. Cam wasn't fond of that and went elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Zcustom said:

You're kidding right? I sat next to you guys at the 2014 Thursday night game against the Saints and had to listen to that toolbag. I kept telling him "if only Cam was white" to which he got very annoyed. 

Yep! That guy. Out of nowhere he's the biggest Cam fan in the world. I had to keep myself from hauling off on the guy.

43 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

michael procton would probably rather throw on his faded, peeling delhomme jersey and talk to a framed picture of john fox for three and a half hours in the dark than watch cam in the super bowl at this point

That Guy is a Panthers fan? Could have fooled me.. 

1 hour ago, Hotsauce said:

So you are opening this thread like, who the F*** cheers for the Panthers, but wouldn't like Cam.  Well my fellow Huddlers, there are people like this who exist. 

I had a lengthy debate yesterday with an older "wine and cheeser" guy about Cam. He loves the panthers, but hates Cam. Basically his argument was Cam is immature and showboats too much...yada yada yada...you have heard all that BS.  

It's a generational thing I guess, this old guy who is set in his ways, can't grasp how the game is played today.

ohh well, basically my response to him was...

*side note, I have also had conversations this season with SEC fans who cheer for the Panthers who don't necessarily care for Cam either, because they are still butt hurt from his Auburn/Florida days...

image.jpeg

In fairness (if he's a PSL Owner/Goes to the games): What percentage of the BOA fan base is like that? Must be very small; as the crowd has changed dramatically at BOA to most peoples eyes.

You're always gonna have some people hate Cam for various reasons. That's not going to change.

It's only a problem IMO, if it's a majority, or he's being strongly criticized for something that wasn't really all on him (such as a receiver clearly quitting a route, but he catches all the flak).

45 minutes ago, LawCat said:

I know several Panther fans who, up until the last half of this season, would say with a straight face that the "jury's still out on Cam," some will STILL say this. They would make the old argument, that Cam is pretty good, but maybe one day when he grows up and stops wearing that stupid towel on his head and dancing for first downs, he will be great. This stupid co worker of mine said this to someone yesterday and I overheard it. It took everything I had to not be like WTF!?

I think what pisses these people off is that Cam has become one of the best QBs in the league and it didn't take him giving up who he is to do it. I understand if you don't like it when he celebrates first downs or touchdowns against your team, I don't like it when DE's celebrate sacks against us. But the sack upsets me WAY more than the silly dance.

If you are a Panther fan and can't cheer for Cam, that is an indictment of you, not him.

Yeah. I know what you mean.

The one's I love are: "I didn't really like Cam until this year'. Then you ask why? "I don't know". Then they give some cryptic responses regarding his accuracy or some other pseudo QB related comment, etc..

My response/question always was: "So you mean after a Rookie Of The year, 2 Pro bowls, 2 Playoffs in a row, and an improving team (2-10 B4 he got there), it took you 5 seasons and an 18-1 record before you figured out you liked him!?" "Damn; hat INCREDIBLE FUGGING standards!?" SMH/LOL

My god people. Not everyone loves everyone. Why get so butthurt over other people's opinion? And not everyone that don't like cam is a racist. Granted some are but damn. If everyone loved the Panthers and Cam like a do it would be pretty boring. 

3 minutes ago, wud35 said:

My god people. Not everyone loves everyone. Why get so butthurt over other people's opinion? And not everyone that don't like cam is a racist. Granted some are but damn. If everyone loved the Panthers and Cam like a do it would be pretty boring. 

I agree with you sort of. 

The difference here is if the team you cheer for, has an MVP QB, who has had absouletly zero character issues and quite frankly is a perfect role model, you really can't hate him unless you have other issues. 

I am totally fine with people who aren't fans hating his antics, but if it's your team, and he isn't hurting anyone AND he is winning, you can't feasibly Hate the guy. 

Archived