• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously wtf is this Charlotte?

London Loves Luke

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

When will the crying stop? The media is doing what the media does. And, like it or not, the media does have a certain amount of power. The power of the pen is real, but there are many writers, laws and standards---not to mention the public---that is the system of checks and balances for stories that take flight, fall to the rocks, or go nowhere.

Many Panthers fans are giving the media, Denver players and fans, fans across the NFL, and other people who are chiming in for other more socially sinister reasons exactly what they want by all the push-back. 

I love Cam, and have always supported him when it wasn't cool to do so, but that doesn't mean I am going to support his every action. It's the same way with Dave Gettleman or anyone else. And I have said as much before. 

There are two sides to the story, folks. If you win larger than life---grating on people's nerves with an in-your-face kinda style---basically, if you're going to "give it"---you have yo be able to "take it" when you lose. That's what men do.

Unfortunately humble pie doesn't necessarily taste so good. Ask others as you were forcing it down their throats. "Too bad they dont make Band-Aids for feelings." Just like you expect the opposition to "man up" in your victory, you have to have a thick skin when they "come at you" in your defeat. That's how it works, people. 

Even my largely immature 17 year old son (who of course would deny that fact), who is pretty much given into all the "swagged-out", showboating, "fun" loving elements of this new and up-and-coming generation surprised me when he said Cam should have handled the media better after his loss. 

Time to get back to discussing the future people. Most of us think that it's a bright one. Time to get back to arguing about free agents, draft picks, and team building. Let others state what I see as pretty much the obvious. It's all part of the process. Hopefully Cam and everyone involved will learn whatever lessons that need to be learned from a nice season that ended with an upsetting defeat. As has been said, it's ultimately a game. Learn to keep it in perspective.

The topic of this thread was about one thing & one thing only. The Charlotte Observer & their treatment of the Panthers in general, Cam in particular. Not about the postgame presser. Not about Cam's attitude (which it seems you do not agree with, that's fine.) Not about what this mb should be doing or anything about perspective. 

Usually I respect what you type but I think you went a little overboard with this. You saw white space & had to fill it? ;)  Answer if you want; argue if you want. I won't reply. I was just very surprised & disappointed by your reaction to the thread.

1 minute ago, GRWatcher said:

The topic of this thread was about one thing & one thing only. The Charlotte Observer & their treatment of the Panthers in general, Cam in particular. Not about the postgame presser. Not about Cam's attitude (which it seems you do not agree with, that's fine.) Not about what this mb should be doing or anything about perspective. 

Usually I respect what you type but I think you went a little overboard with this. You saw white space & had to fill it? ;)  Answer if you want; argue if you want. I won't reply. I was just very surprised & disappointed by your reaction to the thread.

I think that you're correct if you're viewing this thread, or threads in general with tunnel vision. But that's just me. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's going to happen sometimes. I acknowledge that I can go overboard at times.

I am not from Charlotte, but as they are the main press that covers the Panthers I am of course familiar with their writers. I think that the coverage of Cam and the Panthers in general has been as expected, but not overly negative. I think if it was all as negative as some Huddlers are making it out to be, then you wouldn't have the idiotic remarks that are really negative in so many of the writers' articles that have been written about Cam over the years. That's where the real negativity has been cast on Cam, right there in the general populace. 

I just find it funny that anytime someone writes just the slightest bit of constructive criticism about Cam, then they are awful and evil. People have insinuated---"fans" have insinuated---and outright said much more gratuitously negative things about Newton right here on this very board.

51 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I haven't threatened you either, just responded to your bullshit. 

I think anyone can see right through the "anyone can be found on the internet" remarks. I participate in some back and forth barbs on here from time to time, I'll fully admit that, but I have not ever taken it to that point that I can recall. If you wish to keep that poo up, be prepared for the repercussions that may follow. I personally don't much care, but you may run into someone who doesn't feel the same way. Just keep that in mind.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I think anyone can see right through the "anyone can be found on the internet" remarks. I participate in some back and forth barbs on here from time to time, I'll fully admit that, but I have not ever taken it to that point that I can recall. If you wish to keep that poo up, be prepared for the repercussions that may follow. I personally don't much care, but you may run into someone who doesn't feel the same way. Just keep that in mind.

Actually I don't know what they're supposed to be seeing. My real name is on the Internet and is directly associated with this account via web sites in my profile. From there it is not too much of a stretch to get even more information on who I am and where I'm at. That's how the Internet works. As someone who has made it a life's work from college age until now no being afraid to stand up for what I believe in publicly, I take the good with the bad. You aren't the first person to talk to me about repercussions (like you really care), but I am a man just like any other man and can and will defend myself and mine accordingly. No bravado! No threats! Just me being me. 

He committed the mortal sin of offending the press by not giving them a hot take quote to riveting questions like "how do you feel" immediately after losing the most important game of his career.

The press is a vengeful and spiteful little bitch, he can congratulate Peyton at mid-field with a big smile on his face after a frustrating and disappointing loss all he wants, but if he doesn't answer their stupid questions he's a poor sport and a terrible role model. 

Could Cam have handled it better in others eyes? maybe... but he handled it the best way he could based on who he is and he took full ownership of that. I expect the press to continue admonishing him for his behavior, because they didn't get the quotes they wanted right after the game. In the meantime, he gave them 8 mins worth of quotes today when he was under no obligation to do so, where is the praise for that? 

You know, I have an indirect way to Cam if I really wanted to push it. My friend is an attorney whose family is from East Point (right down the street from where Cam grew up) who knows Cam's father, Cecil, personally. No poo!  My friend has rubbed elbows with Mr Newton a time or two. What I have learned living 48 years is that people are people. I have another friend who is a pretty well known artist in Atlanta (whose work has been on Wal-Mart commercials) who knows the Kings, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have some indirect associations with the Newton Family also.  I have met people such as Dizzy Gillespie and Betty Shabazz over the years.  My grandmother has pics of family with Oprah Winfrey and even Barrack Obama. I am not starstruck, so the same thing I say to people over the Internet, I will say straight to their face if they ask me. That's how I've always been, so it's not about about some Internet tough guy act, and it's not about me being intimidated because others make someone larger than life, or think that their idol can do no wrong.

It's interesting that you feel the need to call other fans overly sensitive for taking exception to irresponsible journalism, and question Cam as a man so to speak.

But when someone on the internet questions your opinion, you at the same time feel the need to defend yourself by offering up paragraphs of information to defend and validate yourself from perceived slander.

Do you not see a bit of hypocrisy here top dawg?

55 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's interesting that you feel the need to call other fans overly sensitive for taking exception to irresponsible journalism, and question Cam as a man so to speak.

But when someone on the internet questions your opinion, you at the same time feel the need to defend yourself by offering up paragraphs of information to defend and validate yourself from perceived slander.

Do you not see a bit of hypocrisy here top dawg?

You are the one that called me a "slob", plain and simple. You are the one who "took it there". Being that I actually do have a degree in journalism, I look at "slander" from the legal perspective. I am not defending myself from slander, just your stupid reference to me as a "slob".  Question my opinion all day long, but do it respectfully, and I will do the same. Try and "punk" me on the sly, and I just may respond if I feel the need. i don't need or seek your validation. 

If you, or anyone else for that matter, don't like what I write, then don't read it. You can put me on ignore. Moreover, I have already stated that I haven't read any "irresponsible journalism" from the CO (not saying that it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen any).

Cam is a man, and I have never questioned that. Telling someone to "man up" is a cultural colloquialism that doesn't directly question someone's overall manhood or masculinity. In my subculture, men tell this to other men when they feel the person needs to "check" themselves (which of course is another cultural colloquialism).  If you didn't know that---which I very seriously doubt---then you know it now. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

You are the one that called me a "slob", plain and simple. You are the one who "took it there". Being that I actually do have a degree in journalism, I look at "slander" from the legal perspective. I am not defending myself from slander, just your stupid reference to me as a "slob".  Question my opinion all day long, but do it respectfully, and I will do the same. Try and "punk" me on the sly, and I just may respond if I feel the need. i don't need or seek your validation. 

If you, or anyone else for that matter, don't like what I write, then don't read it. You can put me on ignore. Moreover, I have already stated that I haven't read any "irresponsible journalism" from the CO (not saying that it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen any).

Cam is a man, and I have never questioned that. Telling someone to "man up" is a cultural colloquialism that doesn't directly question someone's overall manhood or masculinity. In my subculture, men tell this to other men when they feel the person needs to "check" themselves (which of course is another cultural colloquialism).  If you didn't know that---which I very seriously doubt---then you know it now. 

Where did I call you that?

Did I mention your name, or you in general in anyway? Nope.

Quote you? Nope.

So, why are you giving me paragraphs of disdain again?

Just now, TheRed said:

Where did I call you that?

Did I mention your name, or you in general in anyway? Nope.

Quote you? Nope.

So, why are you giving me paragraphs of disdain again?

And yet you said in you in your last post that I questioned Cam's manhood. But, you weren't addressing me then either. I guess you, TheRed, are calling Scott Fowler or all the people over the Internet in general who actually give constructive criticism, or just plain advice or unsolicited wisdom "slobs".  That's what good ol' level-minded and wise Red is trying to accomplish by calling someone a "slob" over the Internet. Bullshit!

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And yet you said in you in your last post that I questioned Cam's manhood. But, you weren't addressing me then either. I guess you, TheRed, are calling Scott Fowler or all the people over the Internet in general who actually give constructive criticism, or just plain advice or unsolicited wisdom "slobs".  That's what good ol' level-minded and wise Red is trying to accomplish by calling someone a "slob" over the Internet. Bullshit!

You keep rambling about this slob comment. But I'm more curious to hear your response to the post I made about your own possible hypocrisy in the subject at hand.

Like dude you are literally losing your mind, and won't stop whining post after post about someone allegedly calling you a name on the internet (boo fugging hoo), but you take exception with fans having the gall to question the media unfairly labeling Newton?

The hypocrisy in your logic is so strong it may overpower the huddle hamsters. Take a break.

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You keep rambling about this slob comment. But I'm more curious to hear your response to the post I made about your own possible hypocrisy in the subject at hand.

I am and have always been straightforward, honest about and supportive of my opinions. There is no hypocrisy.

You, on the other hand, are a pretentious prick (when you want to be) that resorts to name calling and plays the tired victim card when someone gets back with you for for doing the things that you insinuate that they are doing.

That good enough and short enough for you (edit: pun intended)?

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You, on the other hand, are a pretentious prick

Why I'm just so offended, and upset about this senseless remark, I'm going to prepare many paragraphs to post in response just to show you how upset, and disappointed I am with you mister.

Oh wait, I'm not top dawg. So I'll just say, sticks and stones. Nana Nana boo boo :P

Oh, and insert obligatory "shocked and hurt" Ron Burgundy gif here.

Archived