• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil to be cut?

DaveThePanther2008

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not going to be a vet minimum deal but definitely could be a good pickup and at minimum be a solid backup.

Yeah it's not likely to be a vet minimum deal but Dave wouldn't have to overpay to get him to the Panthers. I think it would be a smart that can potentially work out for Matt and the Panthers well if he was cut. I know I wouldn't mind going to a playoff team and play on the same offensive line with my brother.

Found a very good article here: Link

"In other words, Kalil seems to perform the same way against good competition and bad competition every year.  It just so happens that the level of competition got harder and harder each year.  This ultimately suggests to me that Matt Kalil is merely an average starting level player in the NFL and that his performance has actually been pretty consistent."

So he was never a real probowler, he just faced lousy completion the first year. Still, average LTs does not come at veteran minimum and I do not think we should match the $3-4m someone will pay him next year. 

6 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

I think we would do it for the right price. I'm intrigued by Garcon as well.

Yeah, I like him too.  Another Speedster.  That would definitely make our WR Corps go from one of the worst to a very dangerous one.  KB, Funchess, Ginn, Brown and Garcon.

I definitely think Matt would come at the right price.  Playing with an All Pro Center and Pro Bowl Guard has got to make you a little better.

Archived