• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemens Negotiation with Norman

chknwing

5 hours ago, CRA said:

we didn't generate good pressure last season.   People keep referencing 2013 as the example, but the 2013 team was equipped with possibility the best (or one of the best) DE duos in the NFL that season.  That 2013 team generated pressure.  The 2013 team was set up that way.  The 2015 team wasn't.   Last season, we won b/c we played solid at all levels...and that made us good.  Complimentary D.  Front definitely didn't make the D last season...Gettlemen keeps talking about that b/c that is what he ideally wants.  He didn't have last that last year.   

I agree 2013 was probably the best pass rush we had ever but we did generate it at times(mainly when Allen and CJ were not in and delaire was) and got burnt at others when we didn't. I really see Dave getting another UT this draft to help. It would be great if we could get some pass rush from a rookie DE but that rarely happens. 

15 hours ago, Snake said:

I agree 2013 was probably the best pass rush we had ever but we did generate it at times(mainly when Allen and CJ were not in and delaire was) and got burnt at others when we didn't. I really see Dave getting another UT this draft to help. It would be great if we could get some pass rush from a rookie DE but that rarely happens. 

Carolina had Allen and Delaire in 2013?

On April 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM, CRA said:

Everyone has their own pros and cons.  At one point Hurney looked like an awesome GM.  Now, I am not saying Dave is bad....but we might now have our first look at a flaw of Dave's....

for the most part...Gettlmen has been viewed has half man, half god, half possible centaur.   A man that can do no wrong.  The golden touch that everyone else should be jealous of....

but Dave just let Carolina groom an All Pro corner and let him walk out the door.  If Hurney pulled this off at the end of his tenure it would be the biggest thing he was blasted for despite many options to look at.   Do not like.  IMO even if you know you can't work a long term deal you rent him with the tag for this year 

If Kurt Coleman was more of a household name, he might have made a pro bowl too.

Bene' is gonna be back and he'll do fine.

No way we're ever gonna spend more money on a CB (who are basically the least valuable players on our team,) than we would on a DPOY.

Archived