• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemens Negotiation with Norman

chknwing

Everyone has their own pros and cons.  At one point Hurney looked like an awesome GM.  Now, I am not saying Dave is bad....but we might now have our first look at a flaw of Dave's....

for the most part...Gettlmen has been viewed has half man, half god, half possible centaur.   A man that can do no wrong.  The golden touch that everyone else should be jealous of....

but Dave just let Carolina groom an All Pro corner and let him walk out the door.  If Hurney pulled this off at the end of his tenure it would be the biggest thing he was blasted for despite many options to look at.   Do not like.  IMO even if you know you can't work a long term deal you rent him with the tag for this year 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Everyone has their own pros and cons.  At one point Hurney looked like an awesome GM.  Now, I am not saying Dave is bad....but we might now have our first look at a flaw of Dave's....

for the most part...Gettlmen has been viewed has half man, half god, half possible centaur.   A man that can do no wrong.  The golden touch that everyone else should be jealous of....

but Dave just let Carolina groom an All Pro corner and let him walk out the door.  If Hurney pulled this off at the end of his tenure it would be the biggest thing he was blasted for despite many options to look at.   Do not like.  IMO even if you know you can't work a long term deal you rent him with the tag for this year 

Dave is not an emotional reactionary.  I would confidently bet my mortgage payment he has a plan in place for this very scenario.

He has built enough credit to date for the benefit of the doubt.

this is far from done.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just wait until you see how much he gets paid, and how much he produces in a different system with significantly less talent around him. Chancellor's holdout impacted the Hawks early last year and took a while for that to not be a distraction (and will be one this year too). Didn't want to go through the same thing with Josh. Now we'll get a 3rd round comp pick a year earlier instead and have more cap space to extend key players who want to be here and who we want here.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Who knows if Josh would have signed the tender? If not, there never was a rent option. 

Hurney would have given him 18 Mil. per year for 5 years. :) 

The move hurts both sides, but I like Gmans approach and his ballz. 

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Dave is not an emotional reactionary.  I would confidently bet my mortgage payment he has a plan in place for this very scenario.

He has built enough credit to date for the benefit of the doubt.

this is far from done.

Didn't say he was emotional...

Dave could be stubborn and unwilling to put up with things you frankly have to in the NFL at times.  

Like I said, I am not bashing Dave but it has been all roses with him so far....and frankly that just isn't reality with anyone.  

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Except Gettleman has turned this team into a 3 time division champ within his first 3 years with an overall record of 34-13.5 and a Super Bowl apperance. I trust him way more. Also, you can't work out a long term deal or "rent him" unless the player actually signs the tender. 

Just now, KillerKat said:

Except Gettleman has turned this team into a 3 time division champ within his first 3 years with an overall record of 34-13.5 and a Super Bowl apperance. I trust him way more. Also, you can't work out a long term deal or "rent him" unless the player actually signs the tender. 

Ron Rivera , Cam, & Luke accounts for 65 % of the success rest is Gettleman my friends 

Archived