• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 7

Sapper

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fanatic said:

Whiteside ain't leaving the Heat, and I shudder to think what Dwight Howard would do to team chemistry...Batum ain't a max player IMO...tough decisions for a small market team to try and break into the upper end of the league

I think we have a chance with Whiteside.  fug Howard.  I want no part of that ish here...

And while personally, i agree with you about Batum in yesrs past, the huge jump in the cap is going to make a lot of guys max players that didn't deserve it in years past.

Only way Batum stays is with a max deal, only way to legitly fill the center hole to allow Clifford's scheme to fully take off is to go after a center that can command the middle. 

That means either Howard or Whiteside, considering Clifford is gokd friends with him...this is a legit possibility and it's going to take a max to get him here as well. 

I'd perfer Whiteside x1000000000000000

However I'm not blind enough to ignore the chance Howard comes here is high. 

Ask yourself...  even if it wasn't our team and we're just being objective...  if you are good enough to beat a team 3 times out of 5 game stretch - how the fug do you come out and get blown out by 40 when it counts?

We just didn't show up mentally.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ask yourself...  even if it wasn't our team and we're just being objective...  if you are good enough to beat a team 3 times out of 5 game stretch - how the fug do you come out and get blown out by 40 when it counts?

Yeah, this is the performance of a team that is down 3-0 and the first 3 games haven't been close.

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

We just didn't show up mentally.

Major heart issue, I'm give Kemba a pass because I think he used all he had left in game 6. Then Batum for being out and trying help with the bum ankle, outside of that.....

Goodbye hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Players or coaching?

These players with the right attitude and game plan beat the Spurs, and should have won this series against the Heat in Charlotte.

My main problem with Clifford is he's trying to run the orlando system with jefferson and zeller at center and till this year with no legit 3pt threats or a legit stretch 4 that get to the 3pt line. 

This system on offense should be a 4x 0 x 1, four players behind the three and a big in the paint moving across the baseline as the ball swings. It creates issues in the painy and spreads the floor. It works with the right players, just look at orlando with Howard.

However, Jefferson doesn't fit that system because he doesn't have the defensive ability which brings the need for MKG who doesn't fit the system one iota. ( he's my favorite player and everyone knows it) 

Which brings into question wtf is the point of keeping clifford and his system with Jefferson at center and MKG as your best player. 

I'm just saying

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Players or coaching?

These players with the right attitude and game plan beat the Spurs, and should have won this series against the Heat in Charlotte.

That's the part that bothers me most, Red.  I KNOW this team was good enough to win a playoff series, and they showed it for about 3.75 games of this series...  but, they have a history of this wildly bipolar inconsistency.  They have been either one extreme or the other and that has to change. 

And i'm with you, i can't pinpoint what exactly is the cause, but I think someone like Whiteside and/or if we could find a way to swing a deal for a healthy Joakim Noah this offseason, that would instantly propel us into second round contention.  Also, if MKG can stay healthy, that will make a huge difference.

Archived