• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2016/17 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, Raskle said:

Hey Arsenal...

B6V4em9CcAA3Vy4.jpg

fug St. Totteringham's Day.... it's been CANCELLED for good!

Now, I just have to hope Hull pulls a miracle out of their collective asses this week. GO TIGERS!!!

@ARSEN

Was cheering for Arsenal to lose.  Do not want another 4th place finish.  Arsenal are about to completely rebuild their team...  £300M to spend this Summer if they miss CL.

This year is Spurs year.  The Spurs will take a nosedive soon tho.  With new stadium and enormous debt it is highly unlikely they will be able to keep top players unless they are willing to take a discount.  Also rumored that Spurs coach might move to take a job with Madrid or Barca.  You will know how Arsenal fans felt after they built new stadium and sold everyone :p

Spurs did a good job building the team they have right now, but the real challenge begins when you have to start re-building it as players exit. Not saying they can't do it, but that's a big challenge and one they will likely have to face over the next few years.

I've been away for a while, but man this season has been weird. We are just dying to give away top 4 sometimes. I don't get it. We have like 1 loss combined against the entire top 6, but goddamn Plymouth Argyle could probably come to Anfield and do a 3-0 over us.

7 hours ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Spurs did a good job building the team they have right now, but the real challenge begins when you have to start re-building it as players exit. Not saying they can't do it, but that's a big challenge and one they will likely have to face over the next few years.

I've been away for a while, but man this season has been weird. We are just dying to give away top 4 sometimes. I don't get it. We have like 1 loss combined against the entire top 6, but goddamn Plymouth Argyle could probably come to Anfield and do a 3-0 over us.

Yea, this might be Spurs last magical season for quite some time.  I just want Arsenal to keep losing, no more 4th spot bullshit.  I do not watch Champions League anyways so I'd rather sink this season if this will cause shitty ass players to go bye bye.

16 hours ago, ARSEN said:

And that basically seals it for Chelsea.

Pretty much... we had to win out to have a chance, and my guys just flat out dropped the ball against fuging West Ham. WEST HAM! Who got one of the luckiest goals I've ever seen, as every single drop on that play took a turn for them, and the final product was there that we flipping whiffed on. Full credit to them, they put the ball in the net when they had to, and we couldn't crack their park the bus afterwards.

So disappointed with that result. Looks like the announcer was right, after spanking Arsenal, we came in expecting to just steamroll, and didn't take this game seriously. Stupid as fug to do so for any team in the EPL - nothing's a gimmie.

59 minutes ago, Raskle said:

Pretty much... we had to win out to have a chance, and my guys just flat out dropped the ball against fuging West Ham. WEST HAM! Who got one of the luckiest goals I've ever seen, as every single drop on that play took a turn for them, and the final product was there that we flipping whiffed on. Full credit to them, they put the ball in the net when they had to, and we couldn't crack their park the bus afterwards.

So disappointed with that result. Looks like the announcer was right, after spanking Arsenal, we came in expecting to just steamroll, and didn't take this game seriously. Stupid as fug to do so for any team in the EPL - nothing's a gimmie.

Arsenal is a fuging mess...  I'm surprised they are 6th.  No one should be excited about beating them.

12 hours ago, Shocker said:

1 more for the Blues!  Conte has been fuggin magnificent with this club.  Bravo!. Gotta admit no Champs league helped with all that rest.  Something to that.

Yep, u guys had almost zero injuries.  Your team is always fresh.

9 minutes ago, Raskle said:

BAH!

AND DOUBLE BAH!!

( I like Conte.... he's shown class this season much more than any of your previous guys, but dammit, I hate being a Bridesmaid! )

I hear you but your boys were consistently good and deserve a ton to credit.  I can see changes coming for Chelsea and Spurs will contend again next year.

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

Chelsea had a full week to prepare for all of their fixtures considering they had no EL/CL games. Gonna be a different story next season.

Agreed.  I have to admit that Chelsea's signings played really well.  Give them credit.  Kante, Alonso and Luis were all amazing.  We didn't miss Oscar at all.  Now, go get another striker and let Costa go.  Gotta keep Hazard and Fab.  My 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Agreed.  I have to admit that Chelsea's signings played really well.  Give them credit.  Kante, Alonso and Luis were all amazing.  We didn't miss Oscar at all.  Now, go get another striker and let Costa go.  Gotta keep Hazard and Fab.  My 2 cents.

Yup... what's the one constant between last year's winner and this year's most likely winner? Kante - he's definitely a terrific offensive driver.

I really do wish you'd get rid of that sleazy beenbag-hitting Costa. Dude has skills, but is a downright trash player and human being. I rank him about as low as the ex-Pool biting psycho, Suarez, on the respect-meter. Not sure which one is worse, to be honest.

Archived