• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yesterday ended on a high note

TheCandyMan

So, yesterday and today I attended work meetings at The Lodge at the Ballentine Hotel.  It also so happened that MJ's Hooptee celebrity golf tournament was going on this weekend. Me not knowing my way around, I parked in the main lot and hoofed it over to the lodge (after wondering aimlessly around the hotel and asking for directions).  To make a long story short, as I was hoofing it back to my car after my meetings, I was thinking how neat it would be to run into someone playing in the tournament.

I walk up the stairs to the parking lot from the practice tees where two men were talking.  One of them had a very familiar voice. I look up and it's Riverboat Ron. I walk between him and the gentleman he's talking to saying a quiet "excuse me sir" while holding back the urge to tell him to give 'Em hell or keep pounding (didn't want to interrupt his conversation), but I did walk the rest of the way to my car with a big smile on my face. 

Dang I'm ready for some football.

Archived