• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox can't win without Seifert's picks

jpo287

1999 draft

Chris Terry

Mike Rucker

Hannibal Navies

Robert Daniel

Tony Booth

2000 draft

Rashard Anderson

Deon Grant

Leander Jordan

Alvin McKinley

Gillis Wilson

Jeno James

Lester Towns

Um, other than Rucker, I'm not seeing any great players from those two drafts. We had the awesome 2001 draft, so you can praise Seifert's '01 draft but not his drafting ability overall.

Steve Smith and Kris Jenkins were drafted during the Seifert regime, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, I agree. There wasn't a plethora of talent selected during those years. We didn't do particulary well in FA either. We did better acquiring talent during the Hurney-Fox years IMO.

Steve Smith and Kris Jenkins were drafted during the Seifert regime, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, I agree. There wasn't a plethora of talent selected during those years. We didn't do particulary well in FA either. We did better acquiring talent during the Hurney-Fox years IMO.

These are the players already on the roster when Fox arrived:

Mike Rucker, Kris Jenkins, Mark Fields, Brentson Buckner, Dan Morgan, Mike Minter, Steve Smith, Mushin Muhammed, Brad Hoover, John Kasay, Todd Sauerbrun (love him or hate him he could kick the ball) and Nick Goings.

Are you saying that Ruckers, Jenkins, Fields, Buckners, Morgans, and Minters replacements are all better? Really

And while both Smith and Muhammed are still with the team, they are both 8 years older and don't have anyone behind them who can replace them. Unless you think Jarrett is going to break out any day now.

You, like everyone who has read the post have missed the point. Put simply, as the players Fox inherited when he took the job have been replaced with his and Hurney's picks, the team has got worse. Who's fault is it or is it simply poor coaching.

I got the point. And I agree to a point. The years we went to the playoffs were a combination of players from both regimes. Fox inherited some good players, but many of the players were acquired during the Fox-Hurney regime.

I got the point. And I agree to a point. The years we went to the playoffs were a combination of players from both regimes. Fox inherited some good players, but many of the players were acquired during the Fox-Hurney regime.

The panthers went to the SB his second year. They added Delhomme, Gross, Peppers, Whitherspoon and Davis (others as well but those were the most important).

Since then though, who have been the significant additions/replacements.

1999 draft

Chris Terry

Mike Rucker

Hannibal Navies

Robert Daniel

Tony Booth

2000 draft

Rashard Anderson

Deon Grant

Leander Jordan

Alvin McKinley

Gillis Wilson

Jeno James

Lester Towns

Um, other than Rucker, I'm not seeing any great players from those two drafts. We had the awesome 2001 draft, so you can praise Seifert's '01 draft but not his drafting ability overall.

Deon grant was a good player when he was with us..

I'm saying your whole premise is Fail. :idea:

Prove it!

In Fox's first 4 years, the Panthers went to 7 playoff games, 2 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl and during that run, he had almost every single original player still on the roster.

In the past 4 years, the Panther's have been to only 1 playoff game. The difference between the first four years and the last 4 years is the roster.

You think that is a fail, fine. But prove your point with with an idea or thought.

Seriously dude...if you cant look at this roster and see the talent that is all up and down it then you really need to take Football 101. Talent is NOT the problem on this team.....IMO its coaching and the coaches schemes. We have Super Bowl talent, and bottom feeder coaching.

Archived