• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last roadblock removed for L.A. stadium

Kevin Greene

Raiders make the most sense. More and more people are moving southeast....seems like moving any teams out of there is shortsighted.

Move the Raiders (who had a big following when they were in L.A.) and both the Niners and Raiders have control over huge markets.

The Raiders had support, gang banger types who new ownership I don't believe want anything to do with.

The Chargers changed their single game ticket sales policy just to keep these assholes from coming down to San Diego when the Raiders played them. You now must but a ticket package to get Charger/Raider tickets. :D

Some of the local Sports Bars here in SoCal, won't show Raider games because of the problems and fights Raider fan brings with them. And what sort of businessman would hand over a new stadiium to Al Davis? No one in their right mind.

Anyways, the Chargers have an out on their lease for the next couple of years and if it's not them then maybe the Jags.

I still say expand two new teams into LA. :cool:

I can come up with:

Jacksonville

Minnesota

Oakland

San Fran

Buffalo

KC

You can bet on Jacksonville...no way San Francisco, KC, or Minnesota are moving...Favre has "saved" the Vikings for the time being. Buffalo will go to Toronto, if anywhere. Oakland makes sense...LA Raiders is perfect...but Oakland isn't in as worse a situation as Jacksonville...

The Jags can't even sell out games when they all ready block off numerous sections...what a joke!

The Raiders had support, gang banger types who new ownership I don't believe want anything to do with.

The Chargers changed their single game ticket sales policy just to keep these assholes from coming down to San Diego when the Raiders played them. You now must but a ticket package to get Charger/Raider tickets. :D

Some of the local Sports Bars here in SoCal, won't show Raider games because of the problems and fights Raider fan brings with them. And what sort of businessman would hand over a new stadiium to Al Davis? No one in their right mind.

No Team is going to be able to move into the new stadium and get carte blanche to do what they wish.

One of the stipulations is a team is going to have to sell a portion of the franchise to Roski.

There rumors that Davis is losing money, he already sold off shares in the offseason. I don't know the mans finances but I imagine things would have to be extremely dire for him to give up control of his beloved Raiders to a guy like Roski.

It's going to take at least 3 major criteria to get a team back to LA. An owner that is losing money in there current market, A lease that they can get out of in the next 5years & be willing to sell a portion of the team or give some control to Roski.

How about the Rams.

Thursday he had signed a bill allowing the construction of a 75,000-seat stadium that developers hope will lure an NFL team back to the Los Angeles area.

there are the team that could go there

Majestic has targeted seven teams as candidates to move to the Los Angeles area: the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

Jacksonville has to be the primary target, with Minnesota and Buffalo as secondary and tertiary options. The Jags can't even sell out their tarp-covered stadium, Minnesota desperately needs a new stadium and can't get one, and Buffalo has an owner who is 90 years old with no successor-in-waiting.

The only teams on that list that actually MIGHT deserve to be moved are Jacksonville, St. Louis and San Diego....but really only Jacksonville. Their inability to sell out is pathetic. St. Louis has blackout problems, but also a terrible team and a new, local owner-in-waiting. The fact that San Diego can't sell out despite all their success is really pitiful, but no original AFL team should have to be relocated as long as ticket sales are reasonably strong.

Archived