• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last roadblock removed for L.A. stadium

Kevin Greene

After intense negotiations, a lawsuit filed by the nearby city of Walnut has been resolved, clearing a path for the construction of a new football stadium in the L.A.-area city of Industry.

The settlement renders efforts to change California environmental laws unnecessary. The group building the stadium, led by Ed Roski, had been lobbying the California legislature aggressively for the revision that would have mooted the lawsuit.

Members of the Walnut City Council approved the settlement by a 3-1 vote.

And so the project may now proceed.

This place might even make Jerruh jealous and won't have a scorboard issue.

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

short list

What NFL team will move to Los Angeles?

Since the league has no plans to expand and most current teams are playing in new stadiums, the new Los Angeles team is going to have to come from another city.

There are only five possibilities.

1. Oakland Raiders – Davis is unhappy with the way things worked out in Oakland. He sued the NFL after moving back to Oakland claiming they sabotaged his efforts to get a new stadium built in LA. The Raiders lost the case, but can move back when their Oakland deal expires.

2. San Diego Chargers – This team originated in Los Angeles in the old America Football League. The Chargers are lobbying for a new stadium and plans are on the board for one to be built in San Diego County.

3. Buffalo Bills – The Bills are in the smallest market, their stadium needs upgrades and owner Ralph Wilson is 89 years old. But since this is New York State’s only team (The Giants and Jets play in New Jersey), every effort will be made to keep them in place.

4. Minnesota Vikings – This team has a solid fan base and tradition but play in the outdated Metro-Dome. The Vikings usually sell out their games, so moving out of the Twin Cities would be a last resort move.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars – One has to wonder why this market was awarded a team to begin with. The Jaguars are a third wheel in Florida compared to the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The games never sell out and the fan base is too small. This could be the team that heads west.

Read more: http://national-football-league-nfl.suite101.com/article.cfm/los_angeles_back_in_nfl_mix#ixzz0Rx0XNdMY

Jags should be the team that moves. What team do the majority of people in LA root for? Chargers?

I spent the weekend in Disneyland for my daughters' birthday. There was Charger gear everywhere.

Some still support thr Rams but when Frontierre took the tam East she can kiss may ass. There is a Raider contingent but by and large they aren't the kind of people you'd want to share a stadium with.

I'd prefer expansion, I don't want any city losing their team.

I'm not a big fan of LA teams but it would be nice if one of our division rivals moved there. This way I can go see the Panthers play locally.

Yeah that was sweet when the Panthers were in the NFC west, now I got to wait the 2-3yr rotation for Oak or SF

I still don't think L.A is going to embrace someone else's trash. L.A fans are fickle fair weather fans the L.A honeymoon will last maybe a season or two but unless the team is in SB contention every season, it's Black-Out Baby

Yeah that was sweet when the Panthers were in the NFC west, now I got to wait the 2-3yr rotation for Oak or SF

I still don't think L.A is going to embrace someone else's trash. L.A fans are fickle fair weather fans the L.A honeymoon will last maybe a season or two but unless the team is in SB contention every season, it's Black-Out Baby

Yeah.

That's why the Dodgers draw 3.5 to 4 million fans every year. The Lakers sell out, the Angels draw huge crowds.

Football suffered in L.A. because the Rams played in the Angels baseball stadium clusterfug and the Raiders played in the aging Colliseum shithole filled with the kind of people only the Raiders draw.

Build a football stadium that is a destination and seats will be packed.

Archived