• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams

iamhubby1

Just re-watched the atl. game, and dang, he had him a really good game. Allowed one hit on Cam, and one on DA. No penalties, peeled of blocks to pick up another defender, played well in the run game, what little there was. All in all, I think he deserves to stay there over "I"m a penalty machine Remmers".

I know lots of folks claim he is a bust. If you truly think that. You need to watch the game again. He played really well. If he continues to play that well, we may have finally found our RT.

In his first extended playing time as a Pro. Daryl Williams played like he belongs.

2 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

Just remember, Remmers played well his first few starts to.  Not dogging the guy, but let's see what happens once people get some tape on him.

It was his first start, and he played really well.

I even said, if he continues to play this way, we MAY have found our RT. I never implied he was already the answer.

I just thought it was worth bringing up the fact that he played well, You know, throw a positive vibe out there.

He owned Beasley. That in itself should give Panther fans hope.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

It was his first start, and he played really well.

I even said, if he continues to play this way, we MAY have found our RT. I never implied he was already the answer.

I just thought it was worth bringing up the fact that he played well, You know, throw a positive vibe out there.

He owned Beasley. That in itself should give Panther fans hope.

I didn't discredit anything you said, I don't think.

I know people hounded him because everyone on the panthers team sucked last game, but I think he'll be fine on the right side eventually, and if he's doing alright, then Remmers needs to be slid back into the backup role that will fit him much better.  I've said 100 times, Remmers is like ole Hangartner.  Should he be starting?  No.  Is he essential to the team?  HELL YES!  For teams to compete, you need rotational guys, and Remmers is a guy who can rotate and play all 5 positions.  He'll never be an all world guy, but he is someone that can hold the line while Kalil, Oher, Williams, Turner, or Norwell get a breather.  Ultimately, I think the kid needs to be given a shot, if for nothing else, it'll get people off the "cut remmers" bandwagon.

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I was just expounding on what you said. Did not mean to sound like I was defensive.

I was just trying to get a positive vibe out there.

It's all good!  I don't disagree with what you said.  I'd like so see us run behind him and Trai some more, see what gets poppin. 

2 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I know people hounded him because everyone on the panthers team sucked last game, but I think he'll be fine on the right side eventually, and if he's doing alright, then Remmers needs to be slid back into the backup role that will fit him much better.  I've said 100 times, Remmers is like ole Hangartner.  Should he be starting?  No.  Is he essential to the team?  HELL YES!  For teams to compete, you need rotational guys, and Remmers is a guy who can rotate and play all 5 positions.  He'll never be an all world guy, but he is someone that can hold the line while Kalil, Oher, Williams, Turner, or Norwell get a breather.  Ultimately, I think the kid needs to be given a shot, if for nothing else, it'll get people off the "cut remmers" bandwagon.

Pretty much what I was thinking while watching the game. The longer the game went on, and he continued to play well. I was thinking Remmers will be back at depth if this keeps up.

I just hope this is the start of the DW era. That would mean we are only weak at LT. Still the hardest position to fill. But it is much easier to find 1 position than 2.

Also, I would like to add that DW plays with his hands. His punch was lethal. He stoned guys plenty of times. He pushed Beasley into Turner so hard Turner didn't even have to block him. It was amazing to watch.

I pull for the big guy. I mean look at the future of our O Line and other than Turner, the future looks unknown. He is huge, that is easy to see.. but his feet have looked like 2 logs rolling down a mountain tumbling. I just hope he isn't like the Brandon Williams we saw the look like tarzan play like jane type thing.

You have to have a killer instinct to be on either side of the trench in the NFL. That is a battle.. gladiator poo.

14 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

It's not just about how well Williams played, it's also about how well Turner played beside him.  If Turner+Remmers is a lot better than Turner+Williams, then you take Remmers even if Williams outplays him.  The line is a unit.

Turner, and Williams looked good together. They passed off rushers between them, they double teamed well, they sealed the edge for Fozzy, although we didn't run all that much, but they looked good together. It looked good over there. And I just thought I should share some GOOD news for a change.

They had good communication as well. I was curious at the beginning, with it being DWs first start. But, by the end of the game, that side of the line looked really good.

I know it's hard to watch the line while the game is being played. But watch these two if you can. Or DVR it, and watch it later.

1 minute ago, General_Purr said:

I pull for the big guy. I mean look at the future of our O Line and other than Turner, the future looks unknown. He is huge, that is easy to see.. but his feet have looked like 2 logs rolling down a mountain tumbling. I just hope he isn't like the Brandon Williams we saw the look like tarzan play like jane type thing.

You have to have a killer instinct to be on either side of the trench in the NFL. That is a battle.. gladiator poo.

He looked smooth on his back step, and never got out run. Played Beasley's spin move perfectly. And his hand punch was violent. He looked the part.

No can he reproduce that tonight? If he does, maybe he is finally ready to take over. Well, if you can say a second year player is finally ready that is.

Archived