• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DE Maurice Evans

scpanther22

We have E. Brown, H. Taylor, two very fast and some would say undersized DEs. Then we Brayton, Peppers, and Charles Johnson who has shown potential. Yet we sign another DE?

Fox is going to have to pull some crazy poo to stop the run next week. I know I've said it a lot but Sean Smith is a must sign if we want to be competitive. Unless they know without a doubt that Sonny Harris will be a beast.

I think he has the potential to be one.

based on what?

Pre-season, even showed up against us. I am going to answer your next remark. Yeah I know it was preseason and a different D but I saw him do extactly what is needed in the spot vacated by Kemo and Louis, he absorbs blockers well and shown some very nice pressure as well. And he did those things well in that position in the 4-3 in college so I don't think the change in scheme is quite as steep as you might think.

We have E. Brown, H. Taylor, two very fast and some would say undersized DEs. Then we Brayton, Peppers, and Charles Johnson who has shown potential. Yet we sign another DE?

Fox is going to have to pull some crazy poo to stop the run next week. I know I've said it a lot but Sean Smith is a must sign if we want to be competitive. Unless they know without a doubt that Sonny Harris will be a beast.

We still need to find a pass rush. Run stopping isn't even our biggest issue.

Maybe we are about to trade away Julius Peppers? I did see E. Brown in the game a little last week. Now we just signed another DE, who has a good amount of potential. They could even wait till Week 6 to trade him. Just saying, that's what I would do. Use him till the trade dead line, give E. Brown some playing time then trade him away for at least a draft pick or two, possibly even a good DT.

Archived