• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 NFL mock draft(Apr 13th update)

ncfan

1. Cleveland: Myles Garrett- think this one is a given at this point

2. SF: Jamal Adams: their GM is a former stud Safety. Adams is #2 on most peoples board. Big time leader which is something they couod use on this horrible D.

3. Chicago: Jonathon Allen

4. Jax: Fournette- RB is one of the only positions not addeessed by the Jags this offseason. Fournette who is one of the most hyped RBs to come out in awhile helps relieve a Ton of pressure off Bortles

5. Titans: Mike Williams- may be a little high here but the Titans have 2 1sts to olay with and need to get Mariotta a "Go-To #1" guy. Williams Compares very much to Dez Bryant

6. Jets: Marshon Lattimore- could go a lot of places here but the CBs are Horrid and getting the top CBs in one of the best CB crops in awhile is a huge step forward.

7. Chargers: Malik Hooker- fits the news staffs defense like a glove

8. Cleveland via trade: with talks that the Bills have interest in Trubisky. Browns gather some of those hoarded up picks and jump up to get their local boy. Browns get #8 and the Panthers 5th, Panthers recieve #12, 52, and 2018 3rd. Garrett and Mitch in the 1st with #33 pick still to come have to make Browns fans happy

9. Bengals: Solomon Thomas- waste zero time running up to make this pick

10. Buffalo: Deshawn Watson- new coach Mcdemott has watched Watson right down the road from his old home in Charlotte. Watson also a good friend of Cam Newton.

11. Saints: Derek Barnett- fills a huge need at edge rusher

12. Carolina: OJ Howard

13. Arizona: Reubun Foster

14. Philly: Christian McCaffrey- if foster were there it wouldve been a tough choice. McCaffrey just adds another weapon to this offense that has potential to be solid

15. Colts: Haasan Reddick

16. Ravens: Takkarist Mckinley

17. Redskins: Malik Mcdowell

18. Titans: Marlon Humphrey

19. Tampa: Ryan Ramczyk- couple options here for the Bucs. With the DE class having depth and OT Very thin. Going to get the top OT in the draft is pretty easy. Donavin Smith needs to move to RT and Ramczyk could slide into LT. Winston now has a top notch OL with the weapons now. Bucs may have a sleeper in the MVP race.

20. Denver: Forrest Lamp

21. Detroit: Corey Davis- home kid trying to fill the void left by megotron

22. Miami: Taco Charlton

23. Giants: Dan Feeney- Eli getting towards the end of his career. The old man needs max protection to keep him playing longer

24. Raiders: Zach Cunningham

25. Houston: Patrick Mahomes- not only a local kid but fills a big need. Has a Cannon of a arm which speedy Will Fuller and Braxton Miller will love

26. Seattle: Garret Bolles

27. KC: Dalvin Cook- best replacement for Charles

28. Dallas: John Ross- IDK How this happened but the speed freak drops to the cowboys. Deep draft makes Jerry Jones giddy when Ross is sitting there for him to pick

29. Greenbay: Gareon Conley

30. Steelers: David Njoku- Steelers having been missing that Big TE target since Heath Miller left. Njoku has loads of potential, him and AB makes DB coaches nervous.

31. Atlanta: Budda Baker- deep DE leaves Quinn confident he can get pass rushers later. The small athletic Baker who some say reminds them of Bob Sanders makes a good Combo with last years first Neal

32. Saints: Trade! Patriots trade Malcom Butler and get #32 back

Patriots: Charles Harris- Ealy Harris combo forms the Mizzou tandum

Trades prior to start of 2nd

Cleveland swaps 2nds with Arizona- Browns had their eyes on White before the Saints grabbed them. Sitting happy after the first they moved down and get a 2018 3rd back they lost trading up for Trubisky.

Sheldon Richardson to the Cowboys- with Romo retired it opens up some Cap they wouldve loved to use during freeagency. Jets looking to offload Richardson due to off the field issues and cap stapped. Cowboys give up 17' 4th and 18' 3rd

33. Cardinals: Kizer- missing out on a QB in the 1st they look to jump SF and grab Palmers replacement.

34. SF: Jaraad Davis- Patrick Willis's retirement has left HUGE hole in the D. Davis looks to come in and make an impact

35. Jax: Cam Robinson- Robinson block on the right side for LF should make Jags fans drool

36. Chicago: Jabril Peppers

37. Rams: Quincy Wilson

38. Lions (trade with Chargers): Joe Mixon- nobody here they have a real eye on. Lions, one of the teams who've shown interest jump and grab another weapon. Lions give up 17' 3rd and 18' 5th

39. Jets: Alvin Karma- whoever the young QB that starts is, they need a run game.

40. Panthers: Obi Melfonwu- big athletic guy we get mainly to stop that seapon in atlanta Julio. Having the vet on the team Adams is Huge with Obi.

41. Bengals: Evan Engram- Bengals #2 TE is more of a H-Back. Engram there is a Weapon. Want to take the pressure off Green? Have D-Coordinators trying to figure out how to defend a Engram/Eifert TE combo.

42. Saints: Tre'davious White- instantly this defense is smomething to watch

43. Philly: Cordea Tankersley

44. Buffalo: Curtis Samuel

45. Cleveland: Caleb Brantley- Browns have to be going to 4-3 Ogbah/Nassib, Shelton, Brantley, Garrett. That Defense is turning around Real quick

46. Indy: Chris Wormley

47. Baltimore: Raekwon McMillan

48. Vikings: Dion Dawkins

49. Redskins: Desmond King

50. Bucs: Josh Jones- Athletic SS who put on a show at the combine

51. Broncos: Gerald Everett

52. Panthers: Chris Godwin

53. Chargers: JuJu Smith

54. Dolphins: Ryan Anderson

55. Giants: D'Onte Foreman- Big between the tackles runner who is the mossing piece to this Giants Offense

56. Raiders: Tim Williams

57. Houston: Antonio Garcia

58. Seattle: Kevin King

59. KC: Sydney Jones

60. Dallas: Adoree Jackson- all Jerry Jones sees is Deion Sanders

61. Greenbay: TJ Watt

62. Steelers: Zay Jones- watch out DBs. AB, Njoku, Jones

63. Atlanta: Jordan Willis

64. Carolina: Teez Tabor

65. Cleveland: Ahkello Witherspoon

66. SF: Taylor Moton

67. Bears: Roderick Johnson

68. Jax: Pat Elflein

69. Rams: Adam Shaheem

70. Jets: Jake Butt

71. Chargers: Tyus Bowser

72. Pats: Fabian Moreau

73. Begals: Dede Westbrook

74. Ravens: Cooper Kupp

75. Buffalo: Jordan Leggett

76. Saints: Bucky Hodges. Offense hasnt quite been the same without Jimmy Graham. Hodges is almost a clone of his coming out

77. Cards: Chidobee Awuzie

78. Ravens: Ethan Pocic

79. Vikings: Larry Ogunjobi

80. Colts: Dalvin Tomlinson

81. Redskins: Samajie Perine

82. Broncos: Ryan Switzer

83. Titans: Cameron Sutton

84. Bucs: Tarell Basham

85. Chargers: Zach Banner

86. Vikings: Duke Riley

87. Giants: Montravious Adams

88. Raiders: Rasul Douglas- get their big corner that fits their system

89. Texans: Marcus Williams

90. Seattle: Carl Lawson

91. KC: Elijah Qualls- filling in the hole at NT that Poe left

92. Dallas: Justin Evans

93. Greenbay: Nico Siragusa

94. Steelers: Nathan Peterman- Big Ben said he was thinking about retiring this past offseason. Steelers need to start getting someone under the wi gs so when he does call it quits it wont be a big step back

95. Atlanta: Demarcus Walker

96. NE: Will Holden

97. Mia: Brad Kaya- Kaya staying in south florida. Tanehill has worn out his welcome with this fan base and on the last chance with the organization. The fan favorite who the miami area dearly loves will put the pressure on Tannehill

98. Car: Tanoh Kpassagon

99. Philly: Jourdan Lewis

100. Titans: Anthony Walker

101. Broncos: Adam Bisnowaty- need OL help badly. Major Major weakness

102. Seattle: Isaac Asiata

103. Saints: Marlon Mack

104. KC: Marcus Maye

105. Steelers: Derek Rivers

106. Seattle: A'drius Stewart

107. Jets: Josh Reynolds

108. Cleveland: John Johnson

109. SF: Daeshon Hall- athletic DE who has all the tools.

110. Jax: George Kittle- had their eyes on Hall. Jax plays 2 TE sets with the #2 in more of a H-back role who blocks instead of a FB. Kittle is a Monster blocker with the athletic abilty and tools to be a weapon in the passing game. Fournette with Robinson, Elfien, and Kittle blocki g in front of him in a power run game is a offense changer.

111. Chicago: Taywan Taylor

112. Rams: Chad Hansen

113. Chargers: Davis Webb

114. Redskins: Howard Wilson

115. Panthers: Carlos Henderson

116. Bengals: Jermaine Eluemunor

117. Bears: Jaylen Myrick

118. Eagles: 

119. Cardinals: Amara Darboh

120. Vikings: Isiah Ford

121. Colts: Kendall Beckwith

122. Ravens: Deatrich Wise

123. Redskins: Nazair Jones- solid Rush DT im that 3-4 DL

I'd be just fine with Fournette. I know a lot of fans would howl because he isn't a LT, DE, or DB but he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson and we've all seen the impact that Elliott has had for the Cowboys. Stew is getting old and has always been injury prone, so the need is there and Fournette is a generational type talent.

Trubisky to Cleveland? Damn, you must hate the kid. I wouldn't wish that curse on any QB. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be just fine with Fournette. I know a lot of fans would howl because he isn't a LT, DE, or DB but he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson and we've all seen the impact that Elliott has had for the Cowboys. Stew is getting old and has always been injury prone, so the need is there and Fournette is a generational type talent.

Trubisky to Cleveland? Damn, you must hate the kid. I wouldn't wish that curse on any QB. 

Love Trubisky,  What better story for Cleveland than bring in the local kid and hoard picks to build around him.

It's a great story, until it failed miserably. QBs failing in Cleveland is as predictable as the sunrise. It isn't the players who are necessarily failing, it's just a failure of an organization. They pick the wrong guys then they do a horrific job developing them. The last legit starting QB they had was Bernie Kosar and since them they've had over 30 guys start at QB for them.

I'm honestly not sure that Trubisky doesn't end up being the #1 QB on the board. Kaaya is terrible. Every time he takes the field his draft stock goes down. I'm also not sure if NFL teams are as high on Watson as most assume. I'm just not that impressed with his pure passing ability and decision making.

As for the Panthers picks, I wouldn't be mad about either.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not sure that Trubisky doesn't end up being the #1 QB on the board. Kaaya is terrible. Every time he takes the field his draft stock goes down. I'm also not sure if NFL teams are as high on Watson as most assume. I'm just not that impressed with his pure passing ability and decision making.

As for the Panthers picks, I wouldn't be mad about either.

True.  they have him #1 on some boards.  Kizer is going to shoot up before the draft because size and tools.  Watson is still Watson and will show good in the gym shorts keeping him at the top andSF is a perfect fit.

Kaaya is Bad but he has tools that NFL teams drool about so he will still go in the 2nd.

Kizer might be worse than Kaaya. NFL teams usually red flag QBs who are sub-60% completion percentage in college. Completion percentage almost never improves from college to pros. It almost always declines. Sub-60% guys can't afford to decline. Kizer is sub-60%. Kaaya is just barely over 60%.

On 10/30/2016 at 11:54 AM, pantherphan96 said:

Fournette not even the best RB in this draft class. Give me an OT or DE in the 1st.

I won't complain about an OT or DE, but Fournette is clearly the best RB prospect in years. The guy is the entire LSU offense. Everyone knows he's getting the ball and he still averages over 8ypc. He's ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Rather have Cook, McCaffrey, Chubb.

Cook (and watched a ton of him with my gf being a FSU alum) is overated.  good athlete with top gear speed but has been a product of a top of the line FSU OL much like the bama RBs that have come out recently.

McCaffrey has better "Quickness" and vision than Cook and powerfull for his size.  but still small and easier to bring down.  He's a better version of Danny Woodhead.

Chubb has great vision, and has a motor.  has about the same speed as stewart has now,  not very quick since the knee injury and not as powerful as he'd seem

Fournette has top speed.  May be the fastest RB minus Cook. May be the most powerful RB behind Perine.  Good Speed, Power, Vision, and greatcatching out of the backfield etc.  Hands down the top RB and there's a reason he's been hyped as the next AP since a high school junior.  Him at RB is Myles Garrett at DE, easily top RB

38 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Cook (and watched a ton of him with my gf being a FSU alum) is overated.  good athlete with top gear speed but has been a product of a top of the line FSU OL much like the bama RBs that have come out recently.

McCaffrey has better "Quickness" and vision than Cook and powerfull for his size.  but still small and easier to bring down.  He's a better version of Danny Woodhead.

Chubb has great vision, and has a motor.  has about the same speed as stewart has now,  not very quick since the knee injury and not as powerful as he'd seem

Fournette has top speed.  May be the fastest RB minus Cook. May be the most powerful RB behind Perine.  Good Speed, Power, Vision, and greatcatching out of the backfield etc.  Hands down the top RB and there's a reason he's been hyped as the next AP since a high school junior.  Him at RB is Myles Garrett at DE, easily top RB

I think you are underrating McCaffrey. The Woodhead comparison is cheap. He is much more athletic and a much better runner than Woodhead ever was. Chubb hasn't looked great this season because of Georgia's terrible OL. Fournette does next to nothing receiving; Cook is much more dangerous receiving out of the backfield than him.

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

I think you are underrating McCaffrey. The Woodhead comparison is cheap. He is much more athletic and a much better runner than Woodhead ever was. Chubb hasn't looked great this season because of Georgia's terrible OL. Fournette does next to nothing receiving; Cook is much more dangerous receiving out of the backfield than him.

I wouldnt say its really that cheap.  Woodhead has great vision and speed.  But  McCaffrey has a little more power thats why I said a better Woodhead.  Georgia's OL  isnt that bad.  Chubb just doesnt have that quicknessthat he could get through the hole before it collapsed, now he doesnt. 

Cook is a good rexiever out of the backfield but you dont want a RB who your best thing you can say is he's a good receiver.  He gets good chunks with his speed and can break a tackle from DBs (minus the big Cam Chancellor types)  when he doesnt get the giant holes where Trai Turner can go through untouched, he gets bottled up and runs into walls.

Fournette has had injury problems all season and last week was really the first game he's been 100% since game 1, and game 1 you talk about a terrible OL Wisconsin camped in LSU's backfield that game and he still had 138 yards rushing.  The only 2 other games he has played this season he had 147 and 101 yards rushing  He showed his receiving and rushing skills last game where he beasted it with 16 carries for 284 yards and 3 TDs

• 1 month later...

Archived