• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Revis Island Departure Could Help Us

Catufb85

With the Jets releaseing Darrell Revis this could (just assumption) benefit the Carolina Panthers and also change up the draft slightly before our pick.  With Calvin Pryor leaving and Jets now releasing another secondary member, they HAVE to be at least considering taking Lattimore or Humphrey at #6 now with their secondary falling apart.  This could help Fournette fall to us at #8 if the Jaguars the only other concern really of taking him does pass on him and takes DL or S which they badly need with Cyprien and Odrick leaving. 

Choo Choo On that Fournette train!

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yea not good news if your a team in need of a saftey like idk... The Panthers!

6 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

it was highly unlikely we would get Hooker or Adams anways... Draft has good safeties all the way though.

but I see your point. 

I don't see how that would hurt us not getting Jamal Adams. I see the Revis departure benefiting us way more. 

Im telling y'all, Jax will take DL (Allen or Thomas) or Fournette. NYJ will be seriously taking a CB now. They were desperately needing a corner last year when Revis was there. They still have a Calvin Pryor at S. Also, they just cut Mangold. They will not take Adams. 

This is how I see it with this move: we just lost Fournette but got Adams. If we don't go DL.

Either way if Jags take Adams or Fournette we would most likely take the other. I see Chargers going Hooker or WR.  Titans gonna go WR most likely even seen Rueben Foster to them to anchor that Dick Lebeaux D.  It comes down to us and the Jags and we will most likely take whomever they don't.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

I don't see how that would hurt us not getting Jamal Adams. I see the Revis departure benefiting us way more. 

Im telling y'all, Jax will take DL (Allen or Thomas) or Fournette. NYJ will be seriously taking a CB now. They were desperately needing a corner last year when Revis was there. They still have a Calvin Pryor at S. Also, they just cut Mangold. They will not take Adams. 

This is how I see it with this move: we just lost Fournette but got Adams. If we don't go DL.

I disagree the Charger will take one of the Safety and Jags might go with Cook before Fournette.

Its either gonna be Fournette or OJ Howard

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

I disagree the charger will take one of the Safety and Jags might go with Cook before Fournette.

If we take OJ with Fournette on the board I myself and majority of the Huddle will self-implode.  There are some talented TEs in this draft can get day 2-3. 

12 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

If we take OJ with Fournette on the board I myself and majority of the Huddle will self-implode.  There are some talented TEs in this draft can get day 2-3. 

Lol if Fournette is not there then we take OJ 

my RB/TE scenario

Fournette/Leggett

Howard/ McCaffrey

Yeah to anyone saying it hurts us getting a safety... that literally makes no sense. Them taking a CB means RBs/Safety's continue to fall down the draft lol. 

Still, I want Adams most and Fournette 2nd most but I predict we take DE regardless. And if/when we do, I'll still be pretty happy with it. We are in great shape this draft gentleman. Deep draft with lots of picks early in the round.

19 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

I disagree the Charger will take one of the Safety and Jags might go with Cook before Fournette.

Hooker fits Chargers much more so then Adams. Also, they need another WR seriously. Keenan can't find the way to stay on the field. Hell, they could add another pass rusher and that could very well be Thomas or Barnett. 

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah to anyone saying it hurts us getting a safety... that literally makes no sense. Them taking a CB means RBs/Safety's continue to fall down the draft lol. 

Still, I want Adams most and Fournette 2nd most but I predict we take DE regardless. And if/when we do, I'll still be pretty happy with it. We are in great shape this draft gentleman. Deep draft with lots of picks early in the round.

Yup. 

It happens every year on here. Guys tend to think that everyone will be gone by our pick. For example, their top 30 favorite players will be gone by our no8. pick. 

Archived