• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*UPDATE* Malik McDowell Was Misunderstood

Saca312

I figure this will fall on deaf ears, but I am going to put it out there anyway.

None of that is true. And anyone can make a quote say whatever they want. Malik has a strange sense of humor, so I can see him saying almost anything. (Dantonio, his coach, has said many times that he needs an interpreter after talking with Malik.)

But Malik is not a problem child. He has never been in trouble, and has been a leader from almost the day he stepped on campus. Last year he took in 2 Fresh. roommates to help them assimilate into college life. He has been a Captain, and is the reigning "Workout Warrior".

Ah screw it. You  are free to believe whatever snippet crosses your path. But in this case. You are making bad assertions about a good player, from faulty, or at best, misrepresented material.

Malik will make any team that gets him better. Including us. And that team will get nothing but effort from him.

I rarely get the opportunity to hype up a State kid at our pick. But this year I have Malik. The kid would fit in very nicely up in here.

I almost hope all this noise pushes him to our second round pick. Getting Fournette/Adams/Hooker at 8 and Milik at 40 would be absolutely fantastic. Then get a TE and either a safety or RB(whichever we don't take at 8) in the third and we would be looking great for next year(assuming we get some tackles in FA).

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I figure this will fall on deaf ears, but I am going to put it out there anyway.

None of that is true. And anyone can make a quote say whatever they want. Malik has a strange sense of humor, so I can see him saying almost anything. (Dantonio, his coach, has said many times that he needs an interpreter after talking with Malik.)

But Malik is not a problem child. He has never been in trouble, and has been a leader from almost the day he stepped on campus. Last year he took in 2 Fresh. roommates to help them assimilate into college life. He has been a Captain, and is the reigning "Workout Warrior".

Ah screw it. You  are free to believe whatever snippet crosses your path. But in this case. You are making bad assertions about a good player, from faulty, or at best, misrepresented material.

Malik will make any team that gets him better. Including us. And that team will get nothing but effort from him.

I rarely get the opportunity to hype up a State kid at our pick. But this year I have Malik. The kid would fit in very nicely up in here.

Imo he will be better than J. Allen

14 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Forgot about this thread, but you're right; this was taken out of context. 

http://www.freep.com/videos/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/03/04/malik-mcdowell-i'm-top-five-nfl-draft-pick/98743002/

Video reaffirms it was overblown. I'll update the main thread soon.

21 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Again, everyone McDowell's comments were greatly twisted. Fell for bad reporting, and I apologize. 

@iamhubby1 wasn't trying to trick us, we were the ones being fooled. I'm now back on the McDowell bandwagon.

Dude is going to be a monster. His get off the snap speed is amazing. Him, Butler, KK and Star would destroy a lot of O lines

I didn't know much until I saw the game footage. He needs a little tweaking but yeah sign me up. He will be the best D lineman in this draft when the it comes together. 

Dude is going to be a monster. His get off the snap speed is amazing. Him, Butler, KK and Star would destroy a lot of O lines
I didn't know much until I saw the game footage. He needs a little tweaking but yeah sign me up. He will be the best D lineman in this draft when the it comes together. 

His upside is as good if not higher than Hardy and he had a 15 sack season. If Malik ends up with the right team(I don't think just any coach will get him to play 100%) the kid will be a beast. He is a little eccentric it seems but he doesn't appear to be a bad person in the slightest so his future should be very bright.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I am big fan of McDowell but I would really love to move down a little (assuming Thomas is gone at 8) and steal this dude a little later.  I think as the draft nears he is going to rise.  All this effort poo is bugging me too.  MSU was totally out of relevance and he was one of the only DL that could do anything for them.  Total team player IMO.  Barring injury I think he'll dominate early on in the league.  I'll add he has A LOT of growth potential as his pass rush moves are  limited at this point.  If he takes to coaching he is going to amaze.

The reason I would maybe lean Thomas more is that he has like no questions IMO.  He's the total package outside of perfect size.

Archived