• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Failed passing game

pantherj

I have a feeling that Moore is going to take the #2 spot from Moose. In fact, I think we may see Moore at the #2 spot coming out of the bye. We can't afford to allow teams to use single coverage against Moose and not punish them for it. Teams will use double coverage agaisnt Smith, single on Moose, and use the Safety to help stuff our running game. Moose is losing his battle against the CB, which is the main reason (imo) our passing game is a complete failure. We have no choice but to replace Moose with a WR who can win 1-on-1 against a CB. I think Moore should be able to get good seperation against any CB in the NFL. Moore is not shy about contact, in fact, he reminds me of Smith in the way he fights off a CB who trys to get physical. Moose can move to the #3 spot, but Moore is the future and we need his help now. A large part of our offensive success this season will depend upon what our #2 WR can do in 1-on-1 coverage. Moore is younger, plays with fire and passion, has something to prove, and has the ability to consistantly win 1-on-1 battles. Moose may win a few here and there, but we need a high level of production, and we need it now.

Archived