• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey lined up as receiver (10 gifs)

panther4life

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not a big fan of RB's at the top of the 1st anyway, but he's absolutely worth a 1st rounder.

His production was very impressive, he's stayed healthy despite being a bit undersized, and the he tested through the roof.  My reason for pulling for him (if Adams is gone), is I think that he can immediately help this offense.  I'm typically a long game thinker, but we need to make a few stabs at another deep playoff run now.

Stew, TD, Kalil, etc...ain't getting younger, and Cam and Luke have both been banged up more than any other time in their careers.

I like Howard for the offense, but it typically takes years for TE's to grow into bonafide NFL players, and we have a top 2 TE in the league now....under contract long term.

When I consider CmC, I think back to the SB and wonder what could have been different had we had a player like him on the field.  And no, I don't think that LF would have made a difference in that game.

fuzz, I've been on here for a while and I know you have too, but this McCaffery fanboydom needs to end.  There is liking a player and hoping we draft them, then there is replying to every post in a topic that doesnt agree with your opinion and wanting to have the players baby level liking the player.

guess which group youre falling into right now?

I'm not going to freak out and throw a tantrum if the Panthers pick/dont pick McCaffery, honestly my response will depend completely on who is left on the board, like how last year I was pissed when we picked up butler because he wasn't at a position of need and there were other players available that would have been better picks than another DT.

but with that said saying the McCaffery is a better pick then Fournette is lunacy. with that said without a trade up I'd give the chances of Fournette dropping to us about 10% and I think there is a 100% chance of McCaffery being there, because he's not worth that high of a pick honestly. and thats all you need to know about who is better.

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

fuzz, I've been on here for a while and I know you have too, but this McCaffery fanboydom needs to end.  There is liking a player and hoping we draft them, then there is replying to every post in a topic that doesnt agree with your opinion and wanting to have the players baby level liking the player.

guess which group youre falling into right now?

I'm not going to freak out and throw a tantrum if the Panthers pick/dont pick McCaffery, honestly my response will depend completely on who is left on the board, like how last year I was pissed when we picked up butler because he wasn't at a position of need and there were other players available that would have been better picks than another DT.

but with that said saying the McCaffery is a better pick then Fournette is lunacy. with that said without a trade up I'd give the chances of Fournette dropping to us about 10% and I think there is a 100% chance of McCaffery being there, because he's not worth that high of a pick honestly. and thats all you need to know about who is better.

Hahaha, I agree...I'm going a little overboard...but I'm just kinda having fun with it at this point.  I'm actually not even sure that I want us to grab him, especially if the board falls like I think it may.

That said, I just think this offense needs to be pushed to evolve, and LF will not do that.  We wouldn't be taking advantage of the current rules, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

@thefuzz if you were a new poster, and not a long time huddler like me I would have never responded to you. because your fandom of McCaffery is that far overboard at the moment. tone it down a bit bro.

In addition to what I just said, same here, I'm not going to freak, no matter who we select, however I really really don't want to trade up for any player not named Garrett this year.

I think that's the only way I freak this year....or maybe if we grab another DT at 8.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Hahaha, I agree...I'm going a little overboard...but I'm just kinda having fun with it at this point.  I'm actually not even sure that I want us to grab him, especially if the board falls like I think it may.

That said, I just think this offense needs to be pushed to evolve, and LF will not do that.  We wouldn't be taking advantage of the current rules, but whatever.

you can't make an apple an orange just because you want it too, and shula isn't going to magically because an offensive mastermind when the clock hits midnight the night before the opener. 

I want fournette, because he will work better in our current offensive structure and a traditional offense. I honestly think McCaffery's potential would be wasted here to some extent as long as Shula is our OC, and honestly wont work out well here becuase of that.

For the record I have never liked Shula, but a chef has to prepare a meal with the ingredients he has, not the ones he wishes he had. so it is what it is.

Just now, Doc Holiday said:

you can't make an apple an orange just because you want it too, and shula isn't going to magically because an offensive mastermind when the clock hits midnight the night before the opener. 

I want fournette, because he will work better in our current offensive structure and a traditional offense. I honestly think McCaffery's potential would be wasted here to some extent as long as Shula is our OC, and honestly wont work out well here becuase of that.

For the record I have never liked Shula, but a chef has to prepare a meal with the ingredients he has, not the ones he wishes he had. so it is what it is.

I have wanted Shula gone for a while because of his...or possibly Ron's reluctance to get with the current program....but I feel we have him for at least one more season.

We became predictable with Cam not being able to run as much....If we get LF that will continue, but at least he will be young and hopefully injury free.

Archived