• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honest opinions please is this team really talented?

Blitz

Our team has talent just at the wrong places. I will still stick to my guns here and say signing Peppers was a bad idea. We were a DT away from being good on D this year and Peppers cant play DT. While Johnson,Brayton,and Brown are not as good they would have done well enough if the QB could not step up in the pocket every play.

I feel its more of coaching and Play calling on Offense. At some point Davidson got it into his head that Jake was Tom Brady and has him throwing 70% of the time. This might even have worked if the Oline would remember how to block. They have held up about as well as wet noodles in the sun on run and pass plays.

THE FACT IS THERE ARE ALOT OF PROBLEMS and its just not the players.

Outside the DT position, I don't think there is a starter on our roster who would be benched on all 31 other teams in the league. I also don't know that we have one who would be a guaranteed starter on all 31 other teams. The closest player to that status would probably be either Jordan Gross or Julius Peppers. I know people love Williams and Smith, but do you bench Adrian Peterson? How about Boldin or Fitzgerald in AZ?

We have a good amount of talent and it's spread around on our roster pretty well. We have some glaring depth issues at defensive tackle. What we really need is for all units to get their act together and keep it together for a few games, and we need better play calling on offense.

And just to annoy people, Jake would win the starting job over Kerry Collins in a walk. Wouldn't it be funny to hear all the people currently engaged in a chorus calling for his expulsion from the league suddenly screaming at Hurney for letting another great player go? :)

Outside the DT position, I don't think there is a starter on our roster who would be benched on all 31 other teams in the league. I also don't know that we have one who would be a guaranteed starter on all 31 other teams. The closest player to that status would probably be either Jordan Gross or Julius Peppers. I know people love Williams and Smith, but do you bench Adrian Peterson? How about Boldin or Fitzgerald in AZ?

We have a good amount of talent and it's spread around on our roster pretty well. We have some glaring depth issues at defensive tackle. What we really need is for all units to get their act together and keep it together for a few games, and we need better play calling on offense.

And just to annoy people, Jake would win the starting job over Kerry Collins in a walk. Wouldn't it be funny to hear all the people currently engaged in a chorus calling for his expulsion from the league suddenly screaming at Hurney for letting another great player go? :)

I agree with a lot of points here, but I do feel like a lot of the talent on our team is overpaid for how good they are.

People that come to mind: Peppers (obviously), Gamble, Harris, Kemoeatu, Delhomme, Moose (but he was needed), and Lewis.

I know that easy to say now but if Smith had a QB and Dwill had a line then Yea you would. AP is a great back but so is Dwill and he dose not lose the ball ever.... unlike AP. Turnovers are killers no matter how you look at it. Smith would start for any team he played for. He is def better the Boldin and Him and Fitz are on the same level. Give Smith a WR like Boldin beside him and watch what happens.

I know that easy to say now but if Smith had a QB and Dwill had a line then Yea you would. AP is a great back but so is Dwill and he dose not lose the ball ever.... unlike AP. Turnovers are killers no matter how you look at it. Smith would start for any team he played for. He is def better the Boldin and Him and Fitz are on the same level. Give Smith a WR like Boldin beside him and watch what happens.

Overall I agree with your point, but I think that Fitzgerald is a more physically gifted receiver than Smith. Is he better than Smith? Maybe... maybe not, I'll ask Fitz what he thinks if I get a chance.

That said, Smith is definitely better than pretty much everyone in the league including Boldin so yes he would start on any team at the #2 at worst.

Archived