• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talked to a Steelers Fan...

PanthersFanNY

Saw one of my buddies who I lived with in college last night and talked to him about Cowher.

He said that we'd likely be really disappointed with him. He mentioned that while he is always shown in pictures with those intense looks and poo, he is actually pretty mellow and he thought that he would be even more mellow now that he has been out of football for a couple of years.

He talked about how Cowher wasn't really even that good of a coach, took him 16 years to win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh. Apparently Cowher didn't even want to draft Roethlisberger but wanted Shawn Andrews instead. He is a believer in the philosophy that you do not need a star quarterback to win games (sound familiar?).

Overall, said he was definitely not nearly as good of a coach as he is hyped up to be.

Saw one of my buddies who I lived with in college last night and talked to him about Cowher.

He said that we'd likely be really disappointed with him. He mentioned that while he is always shown in pictures with those intense looks and poo, he is actually pretty mellow and he thought that he would be even more mellow now that he has been out of football for a couple of years.

He talked about how Cowher wasn't really even that good of a coach, took him 16 years to win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh. Apparently Cowher didn't even want to draft Roethlisberger but wanted Shawn Andrews instead. He is a believer in the philosophy that you do not need a star quarterback to win games (sound familiar?).

Overall, said he was definitely not nearly as good of a coach as he is hyped up to be.

interesting. not sure that would be welcome around here.

funny that while they were consistently good and in the playoffs they didn't really become serious contenders until they got big ben. if it is true that cowher didn't want him then he wouldn't have had a ring right now had cowher had his way.

go ahead and bring on one of the young guys. no retreads, please.

Maybe Cowher is a big believer you need a star quarterback now. Considering he needed one.

Too bad Roethlisberger was far from a star at that time. He has since proven himself but he was horrid in the super bowl. He was 9 of 21 for 123 yards, 0 TD 2 INT, I think had the worst QB in super bowl history.

Archived