• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injury Bug strikes Saints- LT Armstead torn labrum

26 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

He was drafted as a lineman. I don't know if you realize this, but the Saints value guards just as much, if not more, than tackles.

Oh I can tell you the Panthers have way better guards than tackles.

The issue is we never gave a crap about those positions and just lucked out at having quality guards.

On 6/20/2017 at 9:03 PM, stbugs said:

Ok, lets not get revisionist here. Peat was drafted as a tackle, pure and simple. He didn't work out there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488130/article/scout-slams-overrated-stanford-ot-andrus-peat

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/30/8281763/andrus-peat-nfl-draft-2015-saints

I also know that Foster was gone. SF fuged you guys hard and I think you guys panicked a bit. Ramzcyk is a big downgrade from Armstead and I'm not sold that he'll even be a solid NFL tackle. It's no secret on here that we were looking at tackles in the draft and I remember Ramzcyk coming up in those threads. I remember I posted about his Penn State game where I watched him (knowing we needed a tackle bad) and he didn't impress me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

What in the hell do the articles have to do with the Saints plan for him? He played all over the line as soom as he came to camp. He was an OL. Not an OT.

SF fuged us? By jumping in front of us? Do you realize how often it happens? You're putting way too much stock into that. If the Saints wanted him anywhere above 32, they had ample opportunity to go get him. They didn't. They weren't fugged. SF had been trying to trade up since 21. 

Archived