• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1986 Military Spec K5 Chevy Blazer

Darth Biscuit

Also if it actual military you can get it cheaper than that but you would have to put some work into it. Now a couple of guys that bought old surplus vehicles and got them cheap but to bring it up to spec cost them a extra 10 g's. These where duece and a half and a old cheap.

Not no 4 g's.

Yeah, 4 is too much... it's a 23 year old vehicle... it looks like it's in good shape, it's got newish tires that I wouldn't have to replace and if it runs good, it looks like a nice truck. Wouldn't take much to make it a real nice camping/beach/towing truck esp. since it has that diesel. I'm just wondering if anyone on here might know a good value for it.

I'd offer 2k cash, but I wouldn't pay more than 3k. Remember it's an older 4X4, it's probably had the poo beat out of it. Crawl underneath and look for things like excessive rust (indicates it's been through deep water), things bent, and make sure the body panels line up correctly. Carfax is nice, but it only knows what's been reported.

I'd offer 2k cash, but I wouldn't pay more than 3k. Remember it's an older 4X4, it's probably had the poo beat out of it. Crawl underneath and look for things like excessive rust (indicates it's been through deep water), things bent, and make sure the body panels line up correctly. Carfax is nice, but it only knows what's been reported.

Thanks 88... that's along the lines of what I was thinking...

I looked underneath it yesterday... it looks to be in good shape for a vehicle of that age.

Thanks 88... that's along the lines of what I was thinking...

I looked underneath it yesterday... it looks to be in good shape for a vehicle of that age.

No problem, there's an off chance that it was owned by a collector, but more than likely it was a hunting vehicle.

My first truck was an 83 with the 6.2.

Truely a badass truck, wish I had it back.

I sold mine for 1,500, I would probably pay 3K if I saw one that was in good shape..

P.S. it goes 0-60 in about a week and a half.

Yeah, I figured with the diesel it would be slow... wouldn't be used as a dragster though, just in the mud and on the beach... :D

the carfax should tell you where the dealer got it from. In general a 4k vehicle from a dealer usually doesent have much markup..also when buying from a dealer you must consider the doc fee and the fact that you'll have to pay sales tax up front.its highly likely the doc fee if they have one will add at least an additional 10 perecent to your purchase price

I doubt he would take $2k for it. If you're out in the country where lots of country boys would salivate over it then while it may not be worth that to you, it would to someone else. Especially if he has on the lot financing......the dealer has a right to ask whatever he wants for it.

If you have cash you could probably offer him $3000 and go from there, he probably won't lower the price a whole lot unless it has sat for awhile.

If I were the dealer I'd accentuate the fact that it's a diesel engine with only 82k and these engines last 300k or longer, etc.

Archived