• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Affordable tickets for Thursday's game? (Please delete if posted in the wrong place)

AKPantherFan

7 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He is military.....you can do better than that.

I guess he should have went with one of the countless other people in this forum that stepped up to help him out. I feel bad that I even have to respond to defend myself in this but that comment REALLY annoyed me. 

One of my friends might not make it. If he doesn't we'll have an extra ticket. Section 253. PM if interested.

Also, we are driving up from Charleston and will get into town early. Any recommendations for a good lunch place downtown? How soon should we get over to BoA?

I'm only jumping in here to give another history lesson, but without the funny stuff. I'm on the wrong side of 60 and remember the 'Nam days well. Back then, when most guys came home, at best, they were looked down upon. Many were outright attacked in some way, and there was no real effective mechanism in place to help them. The only people I remember proudly (I mean, flauntingly) wearing uniform items were "freaks," who adorned them with flowers and rainbows. What I'm saying is, although there are still many examples of poor treatment of the military today (visit some VA hospitals), it pales in comparison to the late 60's and early 70's. Today, I don't think a week goes by that I don't hear someone say, "thank you for your service." If I heard it at all back then, it was privately said and rare as hen's teeth. The point is, it could be worse, and once, it definitely was. I didn't serve back then but was in ROTC (pronounced rot-c rhymes with Nazi) at the time, and we were absolutely shunned by almost everyone else but our own.

57 minutes ago, xav8tor said:

rare as hen's teeth

lol...never heard that one before

I may as well add my voice to the hawking. I'm looking for 2 tickets for the game as well. Preferably cheap and high quality and without pointy elbows. Retired military here (just last year) and I do not take for granted how well we are treated. I'm almost embarrassed by it sometimes. Don't feel like I deserve it. But I know it makes other people feel good so I'll deal with my own discomfort (like you said, could be and was a lot worse).

Just now, Moorgan said:

lol...never heard that one before

I may as well add my voice to the hawking. I'm looking for 2 tickets for the game as well. Preferably cheap and high quality and without pointy elbows. Retired military here (just last year) and I do not take for granted how well we are treated. I'm almost embarrassed by it sometimes. Don't feel like I deserve it. But I know it makes other people feel good so I'll deal with my own discomfort (like you said, could be and was a lot worse).

Sent message

Archived