• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Plan on Selling Team

Admiral Ackbar

2 minutes ago, Brit-Panther said:

Doesn't the team have a commitment to Charlotte given the relatively recent renovations paid for by the tax payer? I know its only a short term set number of years. Any one know how long that is? I can't seem to find it.

This is also an assumption that once the team is sold the new owners have an obligation to the current stadium for those tax dollars spent...right? 

Yeah its 6 years with some sort of option after that. There is always a way out of such agreements but I would expect them to honor this.

The real brake pedal in all of this is supposed to be the NFL. If an owner doesn't eliminate every good option to remain in a city then the NFL is supposed to veto the move. As you can tell by the latest three moves that is all bunk.

9 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Yeah its 6 years with some sort of option after that. There is always a way out of such agreements but I would expect them to honor this.

The real brake pedal in all of this is supposed to be the NFL. If an owner doesn't eliminate every good option to remain in a city then the NFL is supposed to veto the move. As you can tell by the latest three moves that is all bunk.

This. If an owner really wants to move a team, the team will get moved and some other city will likely be willing to pony up a king's ransom to get a franchise. 

Archived