• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox expects to be fired

klumme

I agree, he'll have to address this now. It sucks because the last thing this team needs is a distraction, but Czarnecki gave them one anyway. What stinks is that those who love to hate on the team will now bring this up at every opportunity no matter how much it's denied.

And I seriously doubt Cowher will be here in any event, for a wide variety of reasons.

The thing that gets me is that this info had to come from some shread of truth however small. Reporters don't just make things up, they take things out of context or elaborate on what was or wasnt said. In some form Fox thinks or said he might be fired which you would think would make him make some big time decisions to try to turn this team around. If Jake plays bad it might be a matter of time before we see a switch. And maybe Fox asked Beason to talk to Peppers (highly doubt it). Some major changes need to be made, and soon, or Fox's prediction will come true.

If Fox is hanging out with you and you say, "Hey, if you guys continue playing like this do you think you'll be fired?" Well I'm sure he would either not say anything or respond in the affirmative. If he does say yes, you can just assume the Panthers will continue playing like this and tell everyone he expects to be fired. If he says it while you're out golfing in a foursome, then you get to say he told it to friends and associates. Then you have a great story people will want to read, with only the slimmest of facts to tie it to. That's how professional journalism works now.

Until I see an interview with Fox where he specifically says such a thing, or hear what he says first-hand from someone who's talked to him, then I'm taking it with a grain of salt. This whole "friends and some associates" could mean just about anything, and therefore it means nothing.

I agree, Bunch of BS. Just somebody who has to write something about every team and every game.

Ummm...the last sentence of the quote is weird. Kind of a non sequitur.

They were friends so he accepted a draft choice for tampering? Isn't a draft choice always awarded when tampering is found?

Anyway.. I think we will have an idea of how much truth there is to it by the way Fox answers the questions I agree he will be asked. If it isn't true at all I expect that he will say there's no truth to that. If he says anything other than that, there may be smoke to the fire.

ESPN is reporting the same thing on their insider rumor page, although I can't read it. It also had something about Kenneth Moore getting more touches but that simply means that he will be returning Kickoffs.

Still winless heading into today's slate of games, the Carolina Panthers need a big turnaround if they want to save their coach's hide.

The bell has been tolling for John Fox as the Panthers have struggled out of the gate in 2009, and it would seem that as Jake Delhomme sinks into the ocean, Fox is doing the honorable thing as captain of the ship and going down with him. Fox was a staunch supporter of giving Delhomme a big contract this past offseason, so his fate is therefore bound indissolubly with that of his QB.

In fact, John Czarnecki of FOXSports has word today that Fox has already told some close associates that he expects to get the axe once the season is over.

We've been saying that Bill Cowher would be a logical choice for the Panthers for a while now, and we'll stick by that until we have direct evidence to believe otherwise.

Archived