• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

11-5 or fire Rivera

Chardee MacDennis

13 hours ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

First off, i want to start by saying I expected a 6-3 record at this point in the season. I just expected losses to ATL, NE, and TB heading into the season. Most people might agree those 3 teams were supposed to be much better than current.

So, we are 6-3 with our defense having faced the following QB's:

1. Brady

2. Wentz

3. Brees

4. Ryan

5. Tyrod

6. Stafford

I won't list the 2 non-QBs from SF and CHI. The point is, against the top QBs in the league, the defense has been pretty darned great.

With games upcoming against:

1. Jay Cutler or Matt Moore

2. Josh McCown

3. Case Keenum or Sam Bradford

4. Brett Hundley

5. Jameis or Ryan Fitzpatrick

6. Brees

7. Ryan

There is zero excuse if this team can't win a minimum of those first 5 games with the defense playing this way. 

I can understand getting beat by Ryan and Brees at the end, but 11-5 should be the bare minimum from this point out, or Rivera should be fired. Those QB situations are dumpster fires. And if you show up big and beat New Orleans to go 12-4, you likely have a #3 seed and home game in round 1 against the Rams. Rivera must make sure the team is prepared, motivated, and the coaching staff too. Keep leaning on McSamuel in both the running and passing games, as clearly those 2 guys can move the chains. Keep the defense healthy, rested,  and playing at a high level against these scrub QBs, and there's no reason not to EXPECT 11 wins at a minimum. Anything less, and Ron is Gone!

If we got 13-3 and win the super bowl by 407 I would still advocate firing Rivera.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so 2 wins out of 5 now. Shaky this week, but got the win and it was all due to the defense stepping up.

Brees next, then the guy setting the world on fire in Keenum. Have to hope for 1-1 in these 2, then close out with a win over GB (who won't be bringing Rodgers back when they're clearly out of the playoff race) and maybe steal another from a hot ATL team....

11-5 within reach, that's for sure. But if this team implodes the next 4 weeks, then it is absolutely time to fire Ron and clean house. 

Archived