• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thor: Ragnarok

CarolinaCoolin

Saw it last night. Fantastic! Loved it. I'd put it top 5 of all Marvel movies. Thor is probably the hardest comic character to bring to life other than maybe Superman. The super powerful are tough to make interesting. Easily the best Thor movie. I think once the Infinity War starts characters will start dying and the stakes will get high quick. Those will likely be pretty dark.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Y'all realize that Norse mythology stories about thor had a lot of humor in them, right? 

The comics were mostly garbage and boring because in order to even threaten Thor, the bad guy has to be so overpowered that it becomes meaningless. Same problem with Superman. But Thor's family has enough villains that at least are somewhat interesting...and they've basically stuck with that. Kenneth Branagh did the first Thor movie much more Shakespearean (expectedly) and the only real comedy in Thor 1 was the fish out of water stuff. I'd rather not discuss Thor 2. :)

On 11/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, CarolinaCoolin said:

Eh, the dark ass bvs, and suicide squad sucked ass. I enjoy marvel movies so much more. 

Infinity war should have more meat and stakes to it but marvel movies have been far superior to dc movies who have tried to make it gritty and dark so I don’t think that’s necessary

Yeah but they didn't suck ass because they were dark and gritty.  They sucked ass because they were shitty.

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Y'all realize that Norse mythology stories about thor had a lot of humor in them, right? 

you would think gods know when to let the joke lie there... 

by far my favorite Thor movie, but really, sometimes no joke when you expect the joke, is a better joke.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived