• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sucks, but I promise we'll be better next year.

Rags

21 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Hurney needs to go all out this season, sign every damn needed FA he can. 

oh lord and put us in cap hell just like he did when he was the GM of the Panthers... Jesus you act like a child you want everything. Guess what you can't have everything btw buddy how are you gonna resign Norwell, Peppers, Stewart, Gano, Lotulelei, and Dickson

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Shula called a decent game. He couldn’t control some of those drops (one being a TD) or that call of intentional grounding or the Gano missed FG. We should have won, just didn’t have any weapons left . He had Cam Newton who isn’t 100% Olsen who isn’t 100% Funchess with one shoulder and CMC on offense with an online that can’t run block and a LT who can’t pass block. Not to mention the officiating was terrible...

1 minute ago, shaq said:

oh lord and put us in cap hell just like he did when he was the GM of the Panthers... Jesus you act like a child you want everything. Guess what you can't have everything btw buddy how are you gonna resign Norwell, Peppers, Stewart, Gano, Lotulelei, and Dickson

Call me crazy but...I think Hurney is learning. And has learned.

His problem before is he always rolled high, and never considered the consequences. Trading 1sts, fat contracts, the whole nine.

I think his time away has helped him learn a bit.

People act like we have the worst coaching staff in the league which is absurd.

Ron's devotion to Shula is annoying, but Rivera is soooo much better than some people want to believe he is.

There was a good gameplan today, especially defensively. We took away their historically good running game. Brees just showed why he is a hall of fame.

I don't really see any huge flaws with Shula. We moved the ball at will most of the game. We only have 1 NFL caliber receiver and it showed in the red zone.

Hurney made 2 really good moves this season in getting Seymour and trading KB.

That being said, I'm good with getting rid of everyone besides Rivera if need be.

But if it doesn't happen, I certainly don't think we are doomed

Just now, Rags said:

Call me crazy but...I think Hurney is learning. And has learned.

His problem before is he always rolled high, and never considered the consequences. Trading 1sts, fat contracts, the whole nine.

I think his time away has helped him learn a bit.

I completely agree with you on that I doubt he would make the same mistakes he made before. I was just making that joke due to the fact that guy said to sign every free agent possible. If Hurny can learn to just not overpay, and not trade first round picks for nothing. He has a great eye for talent and thats exactly what we need right now. We can rebound and be legitimate super bowl contender with a solid draft class, we have the pieces we just need to fill the holes.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Shula called a decent game. He couldn’t control some of those drops (one being a TD) or that call of intentional grounding or the Gano missed FG. We should have won, just didn’t have any weapons left . He had Cam Newton who isn’t 100% Olsen who isn’t 100% Funchess with one shoulder and CMC on offense with an online that can’t run block and a LT who can’t pass block. Not to mention the officiating was terrible...

This is why I feel like things will get better.

This was the best we played against the Saints and we almost won. We battled against tough teams all year. This was the first time against the Saints that, even with the blown calls, we were simply out talented. 

You can tell that our leaders want to win. That's what important. 

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

People act like we have the worst coaching staff in the league which is absurd.

Ron's devotion to Shula is annoying, but Rivera is soooo much better than some people want to believe he is.

There was a good gameplan today, especially defensively. We took away their historically good running game. Brees just showed why he is a hall of fame.

I don't really see any huge flaws with Shula. We moved the ball at will most of the game. We only have 1 NFL caliber receiver and it showed in the red zone.

Hurney made 2 really good moves this season in getting Seymour and trading KB.

That being said, I'm good with getting rid of everyone besides Rivera if need be.

But if it doesn't happen, I certainly don't think we are doomed

Yeah I'd love someone who was more up to speed unlike Shula.

But I don't doubt he's learning and he's getting better. I think the biggest thing for this team is remaining unified. 

Here's the thing with Hurney. For the most part, coaches matter WAY more than GMs 

Belichick the coach cleans up Belichick the GMs crap all the time

Sean Payton has spent his HC career with a GM in Loomis who just rubber stamps everything

Point is, if Rivera wants Hurney and Hurney doesn't do stupid things contract wise this time, I see no reason it can't work.

But ultimately ownership will have their say and that's what will count 

Archived