• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've calmed down

Moonshine

Clutch is a word used for more than just a car part. And when those 11 men play their hardest and rely on one person to make a play who usually gets the job done, but doesn't when the heat is on, what do you call that?

Big games are usually set up as big games for a reason. Home field advantage in the playoffs and a Super Bowl trophy are pretty damn big to me.

You mean to tell me that just because the games mean more in some arbitrary way in the standings that both teams will play the game differently? It's a game. You win some, you lose some, you play to win every single time. If anyone else in the league says otherwise, than they are a disgrace to the sport.

BIG games are big only in the eyes of the people blabbing about them. The teams play them the same as every other game.

That is the most complete and utter pile of bullshit that I have ever read. You actually think this game was big ONLY because someone was blabbing about it???? This game was for home field advantage. A home field where we are 8-0. I guess the Super Bowl is no big deal either.

it was 50 yards out but with that wind it mite as well have been 60

and that defense really needs some kemo after that anemic performance

wind was at his back, and he had more than enough leg. was more like 45 with the tailwind. if there was no wind it was a beauty, yet everyone knew there was a heavy wind, and a good bit was going left to right (from behind the goal post), so kicking down the middle ment he needed the cross wind to up and stop from that distance.

Go outside right now, find a football, stick in in a tee, and kick the sucker down your street. You tell me that you kicked it 60 yards in a straight line and then come back and ask that stupid, asinine question. Oh, and pretend that you're trying to give a it a bit of extra oomph on the biggest stage to help your team the best you can.

Oh, and I think you forget that he had just kicked an XP to help us tie the game right before.

Yeah right, I make money kicking a fuging ball. Get the fug out of here with that stupid poo.

That is the most complete and utter pile of bullsh*t that I have ever read. You actually think this game was big ONLY because someone was blabbing about it???? This game was for home field advantage. A home field where we are 8-0. I guess the Super Bowl is no big deal either.

This isn't an either/or situation, and when you've calmed down and thought about it a bit maybe you'll see what I mean. Teams do NOT change their team philosophy, mentality, or style just because the games might mean more in the standings or for seedings. The only games that matter are the playoffs, or the games you need to win to get there. Once in, anything goes. In order of importance, home field advantage is nothing compared to whether a team is peaking and prepared at the RIGHT time. The last #1 seed to win the whole shindig were the Patriots in the midst of their dynasty.

We're not a dynasty, and we came close to knocking off the closest thing the league has to one right now (although I don't think the Giants are anywhere near that level).

This isn't an either/or situation, and when you've calmed down and thought about it a bit maybe you'll see what I mean. Teams do NOT change their team philosophy, mentality, or style just because the games might mean more in the standings or for seedings. The only games that matter are the playoffs, or the games you need to win to get there. Once in, anything goes. In order of importance, home field advantage is nothing compared to whether a team is peaking and prepared at the RIGHT time. The last #1 seed to win the whole shindig were the Patriots in the midst of their dynasty.

We're not a dynasty, and we came close to knocking off the closest thing the league has to one right now (although I don't think the Giants are anywhere near that level).

Damn..... Since this game didn't mean anything, I guess we should have just phoned in a forfiet. You ask any of the players and they will tell you that this was not only a big game but it was huge! And about either/or situations we are neither peaking and prepared nor have home field avantage. I would have been delighted with either.

BTW....I'm perfectly calm..... Read the thread title for goodness sakes. I stand by my opinion that Kasay is not clutch on the big stage.

Go outside right now, find a football, stick in in a tee, and kick the sucker down your street. You tell me that you kicked it 60 yards in a straight line and then come back and ask that stupid, asinine question. Oh, and pretend that you're trying to give a it a bit of extra oomph on the biggest stage to help your team the best you can.

Oh, and I think you forget that he had just kicked an XP to help us tie the game right before.

tie the game? lol, we had the lead in the 2nd half until the giants tied us with 3~4 min left. what game did u watch? plus the wind was at his back. they said that early in the game, and a few times in the 2nd half that the wind was gona be at our back in the 4th. i am more frustrated with the location, down the middle with a cross wind, brilliant!

tie the game? lol, we had the lead in the 2nd half until the giants tied us with 3~4 min left. what game did u watch? plus the wind was at his back. they said that early in the game, and a few times in the 2nd half that the wind was gona be at our back in the 4th. i am more frustrated with the location, down the middle with a cross wind, brilliant!

I was referring to the Super Bowl game.

Damn..... Since this game didn't mean anything, I guess we should have just phoned in a forfiet. You ask any of the players and they will tell you that this was not only a big game but it was huge! And about either/or situations we are neither peaking and prepared nor have home field avantage. I would have been delighted with either.

BTW....I'm perfectly calm..... Read the thread title for goodness sakes. I stand by my opinion that Kasay is not clutch on the big stage.

And I'll stick with my opinion that your argument to do so is based on shallow evidence. How many "big" games have the Panthers played in? Your choices are rather slim, as we've been really inconsistent from season to season. So, you base your opinion on the rather few showings he's had, against the numerous big games that a kicker like Vinateri has been in because his TEAM put him in game-winning situations consistently. Kasay has kicked quite a few game-winners for us, and in many games was basically our entire offense.

Also, I didn't say the games were worthless. In the grand scheme, they simply aren't worth MORE.

And you don't know if a team is peaking until after it's all said and done. Otherwise, why play the game? That's how we know that the Giants peaked at the right time last year, and the Patriots peaked at the wrong time. If the goal is the Superbowl, you can't "peak" until you hold that trophy, can you?

so an XP was why he couldnt keep it between the lines gotcha

I never have given a "reason" as to why he kicked it out of bounds, because I don't know. I don't kick footballs for a living, and neither do you. So, until you tell me what makes you an astounding fountain of football knowledge, I'll still consider the defenses' failure to stop the Patriots to be the reason we lost that game which was TIED at that point. If the defense couldn't stop them then, what makes you think they could in OT?

Look, it hurts (especially all the calls/texts from college friends) but there's got to be a point where we get over it. I don't want to say it (esp. with the Kasay field goal and potential Beast int) but we're going to come with a fury against the Saints. The Giants did it in 07, so why can't we win on the road?

Archived