• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2018 Summer Transfer Window

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Watching the game now...don't know outcome...avoided all media till now.  Halftime.

So, the good and bad each team

Arsenal...

GOOD...Team speed is impressive, especially up front.  The center forward is extremely dangerous.  Arsenal look very good in attack, like their counter possiblities.

Bad...Defensively good and bad moments but fairly solid overall.  Counter attacks could be an issue but that can be said for everyone.  Must be some mids out cause not impressed in the center of the pitch.

Chelsea...

Bad:. 2 positions are glaring needs.  Center forward and center back.  Morata is totally out of confidence.  He stepped up for that pk and I thought, good but damn man don't miss.  Sigh.  That must of stung.

Good...Outside of that Chelsea is fuggin loaded.  Hudson-Odo looks amazing.  Damn Chelsea needs a great 9 and a center back that can play outta the back and it's on.  Barkley looks fit and coming along...the starting mids will be a tough call IMO.  This team with Hazard, Willian and a goal scorer at center forward.  Damn.

Yea, completely agree.  Arsenal were missing the entire midfield of starters which cause D to suck.

Goundiozi-Rowe-Elnanny

But should be

Xhaka-Torreira-Ramsey

Arsenal will basically play 3 DMs that press uptop. 

Chelsea looked very good with a lot of pieces missing.  Only the time will tell once both squads are back in full strength.

11 hours ago, MtnJax said:

Anyone else really hoping Pulisic doesn't end up at Liverpool, like ever?

Feels like they should stop pushing up the latter so fast.  He is 19.  Slow down.  Some can handle it, not sure he can...lot of pressure.

Liverpool is going hardcore... they spent around £400M in 2 seasons... almost the same as United and City but Liverpool is making way less revenue which is interesting.  Liverpool is banking on CL revenue for next couple of season and making profits on player sales they purchased. Liverpool was £200M in debt in 2016 before shopping spree.  Liverpool owner gives Liverpool loans to purchase players which is not interest free.  So Liverpool owner actually generates more revenue for himself by spending crazy lol.  Abramovich did that with Chelsea which left Chelsea on a hook for £1.4B loan which will never will be paid back unless someone buys Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I look at Courtois and think "this guy should be an impenetrable wall due to his size/length" but he seems inconsistent, at least from what I've seen

Actually his size is an issue for low shots.  When you are that huge, athleticism and quickness take a hit.   

On 8/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, MtnJax said:

I look at Courtois and think "this guy should be an impenetrable wall due to his size/length" but he seems inconsistent, at least from what I've seen

Courtois has always been amazingly overated.  He played well in the World Cup but has never looked that good at Chelsea.  Almost never made tough saves.  Losing him for a 23 yr old keeper like Arrizabalaga is a big win IMO.  Yeah they'll be growing pains but worth it.

Kovacic being added on season long loan is great news.  Was really hoping for a striker but at least the blues are working on changing culture which was definitely needed.

Zaha is young and has skill but no fuggin way I go to 75m for him right now.  Not proven enough.

Expect to see Drinkwater, Bakyoko, Zouma and maybe Batman moving out on loan soon.  

don't really rate courtois higher than navas, but i guess in this market you couldn't pass on the value of that deal. losing kovacic this year sucks, but there's no purchase option so it's whatever. modric and/or kroos will probably be sold next summer, and kovacic will have the starting spot he covets. 

1 hour ago, C47 said:

don't really rate courtois higher than navas, but i guess in this market you couldn't pass on the value of that deal. losing kovacic this year sucks, but there's no purchase option so it's whatever. modric and/or kroos will probably be sold next summer, and kovacic will have the starting spot he covets. 

Courtois is world class.  You will see.  His weakness is low shots cause he’s tall as fug but he will block everything 1/2 foot off the ground.  A very good get for RM.  Chelsea just purchased a goalie for £73M. New record.  Arsenal getting Leno for £20M is a robbery.

14 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Courtois is world class.  You will see.  His weakness is low shots cause he’s tall as fug but he will block everything 1/2 foot off the ground.  A very good get for RM.  Chelsea just purchased a goalie for £73M. New record.  Arsenal getting Leno for £20M is a robbery.

my biggest concern with courtois is i think you need to have a keeper that is aggressive coming out, and that can play with the ball at his feet in tight spaces. courtois is going to be asked to do that a lot, and i think the way madrid's back line plays he's going to be put under much higher pressure than he was regularly at chelsea. i agree he's world class in a structured defense, but madrid is anything but that. hope i'm wrong, and it's just that he wasn't asked to perform in those situations as much that made him look uncomfortable there. honestly wish that zidane wouldn't have took a blowtorch to the kepa deal in january when it was all but done.

Archived