• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup General Discussion

Shocker

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Although I feel the WC draw is done in a way that is pretty fair...it is interesting Russia gets in one of the weaker groups.

Well to be fair, when the host is guaranteed a seed, any weak host will always have an easy group

1 hour ago, Goondal said:

France and Argentina (although I expected it with them) joined Uruguay and Spain with slow starts from teams supposed to go far, although two of them did manage an ugly three points. 

France is super fortunate.  Awful display.

4 hours ago, ARSEN said:

I’m pulling for Nigeria right now.

Buddy that loves Messi gave me 5-1 on Croatia to win the group so...I was not (and he is an idiot, even if I lose it is great value bet for me and he could have gotten better odds...anywhere) 

2 hours ago, Goondal said:

Buddy that loves Messi gave me 5-1 on Croatia to win the group so...I was not (and he is an idiot, even if I lose it is great value bet for me and he could have gotten better odds...anywhere) 

Messi always struggled in the World Cup. No clue why.  

10 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Messi always struggled in the World Cup. No clue why.  

Reminds of LeBron with his lack of "clutchness" for the longest time. I hate to say it, but if Ronaldo somehow brings this average ass Portugal team to the Cup Title. He's way above Messi. You could argue he's above Messi now because he's won a EuroCup and 3 Champions League Titles in a row which is extremely rare to do. 

5 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Reminds of LeBron with his lack of "clutchness" for the longest time. I hate to say it, but if Ronaldo somehow brings this average ass Portugal team to the Cup Title. He's way above Messi. You could argue he's above Messi now because he's won a EuroCup and 3 Champions League Titles in a row which is extremely rare to do. 

To me...  Messi is not the same player he used to be.  While Ronaldo is always in top shape, Messi did not aged well.

Archived