• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup General Discussion

Shocker

49 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Reminds of LeBron with his lack of "clutchness" for the longest time. I hate to say it, but if Ronaldo somehow brings this average ass Portugal team to the Cup Title. He's way above Messi. You could argue he's above Messi now because he's won a EuroCup and 3 Champions League Titles in a row which is extremely rare to do. 

That Euro Cup means to me.  The team finished third in group and only made it out because of the stupid “third place teams advance” crap.  That should never happen from four team groups.  In seven matches only once were they up through ninety minutes.  

If Portugal wins this WC then yes, that would be impressive as hell.  Could say the same thing for Argentina.  Neither will happen though.  Unless Portugal lucks out and gets Russia/Egypt then I honestly do not expect either in the QF.

Side note...Messi, Ronaldo, and Mexico all out in Groups and/or Ro16 would just make things worse for FOX, which would make me laugh.

13 minutes ago, Goondal said:

That Euro Cup means to me.  The team finished third in group and only made it out because of the stupid “third place teams advance” crap.  That should never happen from four team groups.  In seven matches only once were they up through ninety minutes.  

If Portugal wins this WC then yes, that would be impressive as hell.  Could say the same thing for Argentina.  Neither will happen though.  Unless Portugal lucks out and gets Russia/Egypt then I honestly do not expect either in the QF.

Side note...Messi, Ronaldo, and Mexico all out in Groups and/or Ro16 would just make things worse for FOX, which would make me laugh.

I think the Euro Cup is harder to win than the World Cup. In the Euro there is nothing but good teams you have to face. While in the World Cup you're playing Saudia Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, etc. Its about to get worse, as the field will expand to 48 teams in 2026. 

52 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I think the Euro Cup is harder to win than the World Cup. In the Euro there is nothing but good teams you have to face. While in the World Cup you're playing Saudia Arabia, Nigeria, Egypt, etc. Its about to get worse, as the field will expand to 48 teams in 2026. 

I do not disagree with that.  My feelings are specific to that Euro because third place teams advancing is a joke and their ninety minute record was a win and six draws.  That does not impress me. 

Hypothetical... 

-Mexico manages four more points to top the group. 

-Portugal does enough goals to finish ahead of Spain.

-Croatia gets a result against Argentina to top the group. 

All of a sudden one side of the bracket has Uruguay, Spain, France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, and Belgium.  Meanwhile teams like Croatia are sitting on the other side like "holy poo!" 

Archived