• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

21 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

I swear hearing some of y’all theories it’s like y’all haven’t watched the show or read the books. Idk

whatever newb. 

I expect an apology when the dead version of Hodor comes flying in on that ice dragon, kills everyone and then claims the throne. 

8 hours ago, Bronn said:

I certainly hope you weren't referring to my theories, lol.

I'd wager, outside of PSC, I am probably the biggest GoT book and show nerd here.

I read all the books after seeing the pilot episode of the show, over a span of about 3-4 months, just in time for ADWD to be released. I think I read that one in like a week.

I've also read The World of Ice and Fire, the Dunk & Egg stuff, and know all the mainstream theories. 

My speculative theories are about the show's version, which is clearly going to be different than the books at this point.

Some of your theories about where this last season is going are off the wall crack pot. 

here is what actually happens.  Dead Hodor is on the throne at the end.  Night King brings him back.  Hops on the ice dragon.  Mows down everyone.  The scene where Bran went back and saw him spaz out wasn't real.  Hodor is really the 8 eyed raven and was just doing some mind tricks on Bran. 

Hodor really means HOLD MY DANG SPOT ON THAT RAD SEAT. HOOOOOOOOD M DDDDang Spot OOOOOOOOn that RRRRRRad Seat.   HOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDOOOOOOOORRRRRRR.  Hodor. 

Bran like Ermergahd!!!!

Boom.  Total gotcha moment. 

13 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Your bael nightking theory is 100% crack pot. And the Tyrion betraying dany thing you were talking about 

Yeah I'll admit the Bael the Bard thing is a little out there. It was more in jest than actually serious though. You have to admit there are some parallels to Jon's story.

As far as Tyrion betraying Dany, it is pretty much 100% confirmed that it will/has already happened, so while you and I both might not like it, it sounds like it is a legit leak at this point.

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

Yeah I'll admit the Bael the Bard thing is a little out there. It was more in jest than actually serious though. You have to admit there are some parallels to Jon's story.

As far as Tyrion betraying Dany, it is pretty much 100% confirmed that it will/has already happened, so while you and I both might not like it, it sounds like it is a legit leak at this point.

I mean, depending how the story plays out....betraying Dany at the end wouldn't really be a betrayal in the end.  I mean as good as Dany is portrayed she also easily could go down the path where her sitting on the throne as the rightful person takes a precedent over things it shouldn't.   I think that narrative already exists.  Same goes for Snow.  Tyrion and Snow IMO will view things different from her.   In the end, sitting on the throne isn't a goal that dictates them like Dany. 

So Tyrion might could betray her in some manner in her eyes and yet he simply is just continuing out what really is his story arc of being one of the true good guys. 

I could definitely see a betrayal of Dany.  Tyrion was rightfully disturbed by her having Randall and the douche son Tarley burned to a crisp.  One thing I have wondered the whole time is what will happen when Sam and Jon find out about this act?  How will Sam react?  He did not like them but I cannot imagine him being okay with that.  If it does come down to a choice will Jon choose his best friend of his new lover?  Additionally, it could be a precursor to another act that could make her betrayal justifiable.

14 minutes ago, Goondal said:

I could definitely see a betrayal of Dany.  Tyrion was rightfully disturbed by her having Randall and the douche son Tarley burned to a crisp.  One thing I have wondered the whole time is what will happen when Sam and Jon find out about this act?  How will Sam react?  He did not like them but I cannot imagine him being okay with that.  If it does come down to a choice will Jon choose his best friend of his new lover?  Additionally, it could be a precursor to another act that could make her betrayal justifiable.

with Snow it will just come down to picking the path of the greater good.  I largely think the same w/ Tyrion.  

Dany's story arc IMO is different.  She will always be focused on the path that puts her in the throne.  And that sets up the betrayal more than anything. 

14 hours ago, Bronn said:

Where is 100% confirmed it already happened? Please tell me this.

9 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Where is 100% confirmed it already happened? Please tell me this.

You left out "pretty much" and "will/has" but, there are at least a couple of sources/leaks on this, one of which is the most accurate/legit leaker in past. This is someone who works in television and has sources that work on the show, and whom the show has already tried to shoot down legally.

The only way it isn't happening is if they flipped whomever his source is, and/or spent a lot of time shooting fake things that they aren't going to use, which I highly doubt.

I hope I'm wrong and the leaks are wrong, because I don't really like the idea of Tyrion turning somewhat heel at the end. But, at this point, I am resolved to it happening.

48 minutes ago, Bronn said:

LOL pretty much the entire plot of episode 1 got leaked last night/late yesterday.

If you all want the details, as best as I can gather from the rough translation, let me know.

200.gif

Archived