• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Ja  Rhule

22 minutes ago, Bronn said:

The Leftovers is easily in my top 5, maybe even top 3, shows of all time. It is a shame it ended so soon.

I remember when it came back for S3, I was so excited, but also worried because I thought "nothing can match S2."  Somehow they managed to do it.

18 minutes ago, Goondal said:

I remember when it came back for S3, I was so excited, but also worried because I thought "nothing can match S2."  Somehow they managed to do it.

I was way late to the party. I only watched all three seasons last year sometime I think, over a matter of days, lol. It had the potential to go at least 2-3 more seasons. Carrie Coon is awesome.

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

I was way late to the party. I only watched all three seasons last year sometime I think, over a matter of days, lol. It had the potential to go at least 2-3 more seasons. Carrie Coon is awesome.

Yes she was.  That is my favorite character of all-time.  I think it really depends on where you are in life as to whether or not you loved it.  Had it come out five years earlier I would have enjoyed it but it would never have connected the same way just because my life experiences were different at that point.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I've never heard of this but it looks interesting. I'm going to start watching on HBO GO this evening. Thanks for the recommendation.

First season is a little different than the last two. Stick it out and you'll be glad.

2 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I've never heard of this but it looks interesting. I'm going to start watching on HBO GO this evening. Thanks for the recommendation.

It is also not something that goes well for binging.  It can be hard to watch more than one or two episodes because there is so much to them.  I use to watch it live, rewatch Monday or Tuesday, listen to a podcast, then rewatch again on the weekend before the next one and I am sure I still missed stuff.

The Leftovers changed my life, I loved it so much.     Such a beautiful show that explores human emotions in a real way.    It's seriously a crime it wasn't bigger than it was.    I'm not quite sure I've seen acting on par with that in a TV show.

7 hours ago, Zaximus said:

The Leftovers changed my life, I loved it so much.     Such a beautiful show that explores human emotions in a real way.    It's seriously a crime it wasn't bigger than it was.    I'm not quite sure I've seen acting on par with that in a TV show.

That show should be the very first thing shown in all acting classes.  They should have won all the awards.

1. GoT
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Leftovers
4. Shameless
5. Fargo
6. The Sinner
7. True Detective
8. Lost
9. The Walking Dead
10. Jericho
11. Freaks and Geeks

*disclaimer - I couldn't get into The Wire, and I never finished The Sopranos... I got bored with both

54 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Leftovers S1 follows the book. S2 and S3 are by HBO writers. S2 is the best single season of TV I've ever seen. S3 was ok, a bit of a let down. Fargo is probably my favorite show, along with The Knick, Mr. Robot, GOT, Justified, and the Deutschland series (83, with 86 just released).

See I actually think S4 is a top 5, maybe top 3 season I have ever seen.  Agreed, S2 is the best thing I have ever seen.

47 minutes ago, Bronn said:

1. GoT
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Leftovers
4. Shameless
5. Fargo
6. The Sinner
7. True Detective
8. Lost
9. The Walking Dead
10. Jericho
11. Freaks and Geeks

*disclaimer - I couldn't get into The Wire, and I never finished The Sopranos... I got bored with both

I do not rank shows that are still running but Shameless looks like a solid Tier IV and GoT is a probably Tier III unless they really bleep the bed.

Tier I
1) The Leftovers
2) The Wire

Tier II
Six Feet Under

Tier III (order depends on mood)
The Americans (the last season moved it into this tier)
Big Love (should be lower but I had an unhealthy obsession with this one)
Boardwalk Empire (should have been top 3 had they not rushed the final season)
Deadwood (should have been top 3 had they finished it)

Tier IV (order depends on my mood)
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
The Sopranos
The Tudors
The West Wing

Archived