• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starwars episode 9.

motocross_cat

4 hours ago, Rubi said:

I think Disney has dropped the ball with the new trilogy. I feel like we just got little bits and pieces on some aspects that could’ve been really cool with their own storyline / movie. Very little character development is disappointing also

I would’ve rather seen plots like these

- Story around Finn’s defecting from the first order

- The plot strictly focusing on finding Luke and not some new deathstar on steroids. 

- Luke’s training of new Jedi 

etc

I would have much rather them stuck to the original scripts for 7-8-9. I have a copy of the treatments that were pirated somewhere on an archaic harddrive and they are good.

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, pantherclaw said:

Disagree.

What is everyone's infatuation with Rogue One?

Take the smart ass droid out of the movie, and it would have been a complete snoozer.

I agree. It was worthless to the storyline and felt geared to little kids. Production was easily one of the best I've ever seen. Character development, story value, contact, depth and well everything else was god awful.

I actually liked the latest one. I wish Luke wasn't so whiny and Ren wasn't so Emo, but at the end of the day I felt the overall feel of the movie was going back towards the roots and more adult or at least not kid oriented.

I want to see a more in depth, complex storyline/character involvement over everything else and thus far everything feels 'on the surface' with these new star wars movie. But as an avid fan and someone who reads the books I enjoy what I can get.

Now that it's been a while I look back on the 4 (so far) "new movies" and feel that the new trilogy is trying to be too much to too many people. TLJ basically had two movies, an adventure movie for kids and a force movie for adults, and both movies missed their mark - although the direct Rey/Kylo stuff I thought was brilliant. I like the idea of Luke the pacifist but the steps that got him there were not told very effectively. Laura Derns character was inscrutable; she apparently existed so that Leia would not sacrifice herself piloting the ship, and it turns out all you need to bring down a giant ship is to fly an old small ship into it? That was terrible.

Rogue One was great because its an old school Star Wars fanboy dream. Yes the characters never had time to get really developed, but it was a modern update to the war movie genre and that's to be expected. The plot and the battles, as well as the scenes involving the Empire, were so well done!

I just saw Solo again the other day and there are a few things that repeat watchings help clear up. Could have made better use of the Lando/Han relationship. Having that character come in at the end just made no sense at all, but they get points from me for mentioning Dathomir as well as fighting on Mimban.

Archived