• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So how would you fix it?

Cyberjag

I'm no expert, but the if they used more 4 WR sets, motion, and bunch formations, there would be no more triple coverage on Steve Smith. Everybody complains about the QB, but they have got to find a way to get seperation for their best WR, because almost all of these INT's are happening because Delhomme is trying to force it to Smitty when he's not open. Well, get him, or at least somebody, the hell open on 3rd and 8 and Delhomme will hit them... if he has time, that is.

I don't think we should use 4 wr sets. The reason is that if we come out with 4 wr sets then the opposing team will have a good chance to use the personnel needed to more likely interrupt the play. I think more motion with the TE or RB into what would be a 4 wr set to create a mismatch or a hole in coverage is the ticket.

1. Take Foxs involvement OUT of the offense and turn it over completely to Davidson.

2. Fire Danny Crossman right now and find a paper bag to take his place.

3. Have a heart to heart with leaders/ captains and get their feedback on what they think should be done differently

4. I would ask everyone to turn up the intensity to max levels

5. Stress the importance of fast starts, can't keep punting our first 3-4 series.

Offense-

Use Dlo more like Westbrook and find more ways to get him the ball.

Barnidge and Rosario as TE's to stretch the middle of the field.

Get Smith the ball with chances for YAC.

Use Jarrett more, ESP in the RZ and 3rd downs.

Kenny Moore as a slot more

Look at replacing Vincent with Robinson

Defense-

Probably replace Diggs with Conner or Anderson- his lack of speed is a liability in this system.

More line stunts and move Pep around like a 3-4 OLB, let him pick his spot to attack

Jake is no worse off physically than last year in my opinion but his timing and confidence are not very good.

To me, that is almost assuredly false. All you have to do is simply compare a deep ball from him last year to a deep ball from him this year to see that something is VERY wrong with Delhomme's arm. I don't know if it's a recurrence of that dead arm ordeal he went through a few years back or if it's something totally different, but the deep passes are laughably lofty and without zip. I think Jake knows it too, but he's unwilling to leave the lineup because he knows that if he opens the door to another starter coming in and winning games, he may never get back on the field. He has either totally lost his arm strength or he is playing injured right now. Either way, it's hurting the team.

I don't think we should use 4 wr sets. The reason is that if we come out with 4 wr sets then the opposing team will have a good chance to use the personnel needed to more likely interrupt the play. I think more motion with the TE or RB into what would be a 4 wr set to create a mismatch or a hole in coverage is the ticket.

How do you figure that? It's not like they have to throw it to Smith every time they do it, they could actually use him to clear out the middle of the field if the opponent is gonna use a CB and a safety on him, then they can run somebody else underneath on a crossing route or something. Hell, they don't even have to throw it out of a 4wide set. The opponent can't stack the box if they have 4 WR's to cover either.

It isn't just distance, but velocity as well. It doesn't matter how far you can throw it if it hangs up there longer than Jason Baker's punts.

His arm looks fine to me. He was throwing balls on a rope in the Atlanta and Dallas games. The problem is that none of the WR's are getting good seperation on the short to medium routes very often. His TE's are getting better seperation than Smitty or Moose most of the time. That's just the truth.

His physical abilities are clearly on the decline, and they are part of the reason for his massive failure this year. However, the main part is that he's not the same guy he was. He doesn't have any of the fire or drive that he had back when he was a winning QB. He looks like a lost, sad puppy out there. It's a lack of confidence combined with the fact that his heart just isn't in it anymore.

Jake doesn't realize it yet, and I think he wants to want it. But he just doesn't want it anymore. He hasn't come to that realization, but it's dead 100% obvious that he just doesn't want it like he did 2003-2005.

Please don’t say the wildcat.

Jake does better in the shotgun. Honestly, I like the TEs in the game like they’ve been doing, and when the Oline is playing nasty, zone-blocking is fitting our makeup. If we could just throw those 20-30 yard passes to stretch the defense. Jake just can’t seem to throw over 5 yards to the sideline anymore. Whatever happened to the skinny post? Oh yeah, safety coverage always on Smitty and if Moose is running it, his geriatric a$s will only get 7 yards down the field before Jake fumbles.

Maybe Kenny Moore is the answer - but that’s a robust “maybe”. Line Steve and Kenny on the same side of the QB, run #89 on a 10 yard hitch (if man coverage) and Moore on a skinny post.

89………..…OT..OG..C..OG..OT..TE..….87……..

…..81……..………….17…………………………….

……………..………………………………………….

………………..………RB……………………………

Please don’t say the wildcat.

Jake does better in the shotgun. Honestly, I like the TEs in the game like they’ve been doing, and when the Oline is playing nasty, zone-blocking is fitting our makeup. If we could just throw those 20-30 yard passes to stretch the defense. Jake just can’t seem to throw over 5 yards to the sideline anymore. Whatever happened to the skinny post? Oh yeah, safety coverage always on Smitty and if Moose is running it, his geriatric a$s will only get 7 yards down the field before Jake fumbles.

Maybe Kenny Moore is the answer - but that’s a robust “maybe”. Line Steve and Kenny on the same side of the QB, run #89 on a 10 yard hitch (if man coverage) and Moore on a skinny post.

89………..…OT..OG..C..OG..OT..TE..….87……..

…..81……..………….17…………………………….

……………..………………………………………….

………………..……..…RB……………………………

Archived