• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Its time to fire Rivera

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think the average fan has an appreciation for how devalued the running back position is in the modern NFL. I suspect we will get to see some of that when CMC comes up for his contract in a few years and we potentially(and possibly rightfully) let him walk to get a bigger contract elsewhere. I love the kid but I don't want to see us sign him to some Kelvin Benjamin sized contract if the market does not warrant it.

The Steelers were willing to pay Bell elite RB money. He wanted elite WR money. He wanted borderline franchise QB money. I don't blame the Steelers a bit for that Bell situation. Bell overplayed his hand.

In hindsight, the Steelers are probably thrilled Bell didn't accept their offers.

It's situations like Charles Johnson that wouldn't happen under the Steelers mentality. You can't pay very good players elite money. You have to let someone else do it and you have to bid fond farewells to aging vets no longer worth their cap hits.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

In hindsight, the Steelers are probably thrilled Bell didn't accept their offers.

It's situations like Charles Johnson that wouldn't happen under the Steelers mentality. You can't pay very good players elite money. You have to let someone else do it and you have to bid fond farewells to aging vets no longer worth their cap hits.

That was during the Hurney 1.0 "FREE MONEY" era. That fuged us for years to come after that. Whether Hurney stays or goes, I hope we never see that poo from him again.

Archived