• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Gameday Thread

Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Beer ed u but that sticks but this team has good depth 

For sure, more minutes for Malik and Bacon can fill Malik’s role. I’m assuming we will see more Frank now or JB may elect to play the matchup and go with Biz when we play teams that have a post presence or Frank when we play stretch 5’s.

The NBA is about 500 teams and elite teams.  Built that way man.  This Hornets team has a good outlook.  Truly...Batum, Biz and other contracts will move off the books next few years.  Kupchack knows what he is doing and more than that he can tell Jordan what is best with an open ear.  We are coming.

The more I see Monk working like this the more I would never trade him...especially straight up for Beal.  Monk will be great.

Monk has a lot of untapped potential. He should see steady 30 mpg. Bridges will step into Marvin's role next season. The team has some young talent off the bench in WHG, Bacon, and Graham. Let the young guys play. If they lose, so be it. However, give Charlotte hope. Give this coach and GM time to develop a good team. Stop the whole win now mentality. It only serves to hurt this team more. Batum is trash. Marvin is getting older and losing his skillset. Lamb is likely gone after this season. Zeller and MKG are injury prone. I know we will not tank (which I think we should), but at least get the young guys involved. These last two drafts have been absolute HOMERUNS.

16 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Monk has a lot of untapped potential. He should see steady 30 mpg. Bridges will step into Marvin's role next season. The team has some young talent off the bench in WHG, Bacon, and Graham. Let the young guys play. If they lose, so be it. However, give Charlotte hope. Give this coach and GM time to develop a good team. Stop the whole win now mentality. It only serves to hurt this team more. Batum is trash. Marvin is getting older and losing his skillset. Lamb is likely gone after this season. Zeller and MKG are injury prone. I know we will not tank (which I think we should), but at least get the young guys involved. These last two drafts have been absolute HOMERUNS.

Can I give some advice dude?  Stop saying we should tank.  Really shortsighted with Kemba and all this young talent.  Makes u look really dumb.

Just now, bull123 said:

Better than biz s not exactly a ringing endorsement 

biz did catch a pass tonight from graham for a dunk...I was both surprised and impressed 

You really don’t know basketball or football at all.  Just don’t.

Just now, bull123 said:

Better than biz s not exactly a ringing endorsement 

biz did catch a pass tonight from graham for a dunk...I was both surprised and impressed 

Lolol true.

I honestly don’t understand how an NBA player can have such poor hand eye coordination and lol at Orlando giving him $68M guaranteed like wtf.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Can I give some advice dude?  Stop saying we should tank.  Really shortsighted with Kemba and all this young talent.  Makes u look really dumb.

Want some advice? What makes you look really dumb is thinking that pick 13 or 14 is panning out when the team hasn't won a playoff series since the old Hornets were around. The win now mentality hasn't really panned out much now has it? Stop calling people dumb while looking like a dumbass yourself. Okay, great.

As far as this year’s draft:

I actually think this year’s draft is gonna be real solid. There are a lot of good prospects. I wish we could add Kevin Porter from USC but he’ll be a top 5 pick.

BUT..

If you are going to go for the playoffs this is the year to do it with the depth that this year’s draft will have.

If we end up picking 16th or so I’d love to snag KZ Okpala from Stanford. You watch him against college competition and he looks like Kevin Durant out there. The only knock is he needs to add a lot more weight.

Archived