• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost in last night, wasn't it really exciting to see the Defense perform at such a high level?

MVPccaffrey

The defense was pretty good, but they still got ran all over. New Orleans had a total of 155 yards rushing, with a 4.8 average. That's horrific. The Saints had trouble passing the ball, which is because the league has figured out that bracketing Michael Thomas works. New Orleans right now have been figured out. It's why they've been signing every receiver retread they can to find another option for Brees.

So what I'm trying to say is I don't feel the defense really had some great turnaround. It's that the Saints are far more vulnerable than people realize. They don't have receivers beyond Thomas that can get open, even when Brees has time. I don't think Rivera did anything magical this week, and I don't think the Panthers defense did anything that great either, other than a couple turnovers that were good plays, and also a little lucky on the bounce.

Archived