• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, you wonder what Tepper is up to.......?

sml1950

i made it up because this cat hanson keeps trying to tell everyone that tepper is a football genius who will take us to the promised land because he figured out how to swindle wallstreet.   then, turns out another poster who knows a hedge fund manager had asked that person about tepper before i even made it up and they responded with 'kiddy diddler'.  so, now i can say things like 'people are saying', 'ive heard' and dumb stuff like that.  for whatever reason ($) hanson is a tepper shill.   all the dude has done so far is leave a coach and gm in charge who haven't figured out a way to protect a generational talent at qb, and have possibly ruined his career.    so, i'm not convinced tepper is very smart about football.

1 hour ago, raz said:

i made it up because this cat hanson keeps trying to tell everyone that tepper is a football genius who will take us to the promised land because he figured out how to swindle wallstreet.   then, turns out another poster who knows a hedge fund manager had asked that person about tepper before i even made it up and they responded with 'kiddy diddler'.  so, now i can say things like 'people are saying', 'ive heard' and dumb stuff like that.  for whatever reason ($) hanson is a tepper shill.   all the dude has done so far is leave a coach and gm in charge who haven't figured out a way to protect a generational talent at qb, and have possibly ruined his career.    so, i'm not convinced tepper is very smart about football.

He has better knowledge of football than many of us combined including you.

5 hours ago, raz said:

just go away.  please explain in great detail why you will or won't go away?  and why you think money managing means success as a football owner when the situations don't have anything in common really. 10,000 words please, that no one will read.  oh, and why are you defending a possible kiddy diddler.   people have heard things.

You're not capable of understanding so it would be a waste of time.

2 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

He has better knowledge of football than many of us combined including you.

Again though, this is kind of a false equivalent. Being smarter than fans is easy.

Tepper doesn't have to be smarter than us. He needs to be smarter than Bob Kraft, Dan Rooney, Stan Kroenke, et al.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again though, this is kind of a false equivalent. Being smarter than fans is easy.

Tepper doesn't have to be smarter than us. He needs to be smarter than Bob Kraft, Dan Rooney, Stan Kroenke, et al.

Be patient-I've heard it's a virtue.

14 minutes ago, ras977 said:

Be patient-I've heard it's a virtue.

So's diligence.

Realistically speaking regarding Tepper though, he's within his rights to prioritize his business over the Panthers if he so desires. Granted, that's not something that's going to make Panther fans very happy, but prioritizing the Panthers over his investors (the ones that make him those billions of dollars) probably wouldn't make them all that happy either.

In the end, he's likely to have to make a choice. Either put somebody he trusts in charge of Appaloosa and concentrate on the Panthers or put a strong football guy in charge of the Panthers and keep his focus on Appaloosa.

Of those two choices, the second is probably the easier one. Unfortunately, if that guy is Marty Hurney, it's not likely to go so well.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So's diligence.

Realistically speaking regarding Tepper though, he's within his rights to prioritize his business over the Panthers if he so desires. Granted, that's not something that's going to make Panther fans very happy, but prioritizing the Panthers over his investors (the ones that make him those billions of dollars) probably wouldn't make them all that happy either.

In the end, he's likely to have to make a choice. Either put somebody he trusts in charge of Appaloosa and concentrate on the Panthers or put a strong football guy in charge of the Panthers and keep his focus on Appaloosa.

Of those two choices, the second is probably the easier one. Unfortunately, if that guy is Marty Hurney, it's not likely to go so well.

Thanks.

What i have learned is that success/great management, whatever you want to call,it  is transferable,

That's why I believe Tepper will succeed with the Panthers.

he's not management.  he's the owner.  this is football.  what's he done?  does whomever think that because he was a minority owner he really knows football?  he hires management for a product i'm not sure he knows real well, besides $ and prestige.  he's leaving a mediocre situation in place.  that's what he's done.  why should we be patient? its his responsibility now.

Archived