• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 NFL Mock Draft... realistic

Catufb85

yeah first two posters don't get football. Setting Kalil as a june 1 cut would grant 7 million towards signing draft picks, that's it. Did OP miss the part of TD not coming back? Also, how is Funchess trade bait when he doesn't have a contract? Just b/c you saw this poo on Twitter this morning doesn't mean post an uninformed opinion about it, but then again 75% of posts here are uninformed opinions.

Man, if Carolina hadn't gotten that "big win" against the Saints in the final game of the season, a guy like LB Devin White or DE Jachai Polite would likely have been just sitting and waiting for the Panthers there.  Hell, Rashan Gary might have miraculously slipped down and might have been available.

18 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

Now that the end of the NFL season is here.  Panthers are going to have a busy offseason with Teppers first official offseason with coaching changes, free agency, and his first Draft as Panthers GM.  I for one am very excited and optimistic at this point as I love how Tepper has ran the organization.  Letting players be themselves and encouraging their personalities instead of shelter them.  I wont lie I know we have a ton of holes on our roster right now and I for one haven't been this down on going into a offseason (outside of losing the big games of course) but with TD gone, Pep retiring, Cam's shoulder surgery, our free agents, etc.  We have a cluster on our hands BUT again I am trying to remain optimistic.  So here are a few things I (IMHO) believe will take place.

We currently have (as of late December looking for updated one) but 36 players under contract.  With 17 holes to fill with Defensive Line, Offensive Line, Nickel and Safety being the biggest glaring needs I see.

We currently are estimated $23,000,000 in CAP space.  I think we Should release Poe and get back the $9.3 mill in CAP. Draft a replacement.

• S Mike Adams - as much as it pains me we HAVE to get younger, let unk (uncle*) walk.  
  • RB Cameron Artis-Payne - resign
  • RB Kenjon Barner - resign
  • RB Travaris Cadet - walk
  • K Chandler Catanzaro - Resign Let him and Gano battle it out, I eventually see Catanzaro win out. 
  • OT Chris Clark - Resign Depth?Possible Camp cut
  • LB Thomas Davis - My Theory is we let TD test the market and he gets offered more, but eventually resigns with us like CJ.
  • WR Devin Funchess - I am on the fence about this one.  IMO he never panned out for the 2nd round we spent.  I say trade bait and let walk.
  • DE Wes Horton - Resign/Depth
  • LB Ben Jacobs - Re-sign Special Teams Captain (I believe)
  • S Colin Jones - Re-sign Special Teams/Depth
  • C Ryan Kalil (retiring)
  • DT Kyle Love - re-sign Vet minimum (IMO) Camp casulty
  • LB David Mayo - Re-sign
  • OT Marshall Newhouse - Resign to vet minimum need depth.
  • DE Julius Peppers (retiring)
  • S Eric Reid - Resign
  • G Amini Silatolu - Buh Bye
  • RB Fozzy Whittaker - Love em but let walk.
  • OT Daryl Williams - Re-sign

***Note I think the talks about switching to 3-4 is real but until confirmed going with current Defensive/Offensive scheme:

Free Agency:

DE Dante Fowler (Market Value per sportstrac : 4 years $23mill about $5.75

CB Johnathan Jones ( Replace Captain at nickel)

FS Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix to replace Mike Adams (IF we don't go after Landon Collins which in our history we don't spend the money)

WR Tyrell Williams replace the tall "big" receiver after Funchess leaves.

There are a few others I would target for roster spots and shopping at Dollar General for depth/camp comp

Draft:

Round 1 Pick 16: Lawrence, Dexter, DT, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15: Allen, Zach, DE, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Miller, Christian, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Fields, Mark, CB, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Holyfield, Elijah, RB, Georgia (A+)

Not to be rude, but there is no way in hell can we resign that many guys.

Archived