• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want if none of our top OL/DL last until 16?

FuFuLamePoo

Soooo it seems like Carolina really wants one of the following:

• Dillard
  • Burns
  • Wilkins
  • Williams
  • Ford
  • Taylor

If none last until 16 (which seems increasingly likely) who do you want in this scenario? I'm sure a lot will say Ferrell, but I'm just not a fan of his in the first half of the first round. And multiple of our beat writers say we wouldn't take him in round one. I just don't see him ever being a dominant presence in the NFL. I see him being a 6-8 sack guy in his prime. There's absolutely value in that, but not at 16. 

So this is where I'd turn to:

-Sweat: terrific prospect, how would we view the heart condition though? Gettleman didn't care, but Hurney may. I think it'd be worth the gamble.

-Byron Murphy: Just love his ball hawking skills. I probably value CB more than most, but I think he'd be an electrifying player to add to our secondary.

-Garrett Bradbury: Terrific iOL prospect that we could try to play at LG from day one. Guards are almost as valuable as tackles now, I'd be fine with bringing Bradbury into the fold and molding him into a leader on our OL for years to come.

Someone smartly pointed out in another thread that if Ron/Marty think this is a make or break year for them, then they will go with a safe pick, someone who they can count on to make a difference this year.

That points more to someone like Ferrell.

Archived