• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official general NFL Draft Day 2 open thread

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who, and with what cap space?

One thing that's pretty clear: The Panthers are nowhere near as certain of Newton's health as you and some other fans are.

They don't know if it's good. They don't know if it's bad. Basically, they just don't know. And some of our resident insiders have confirmed but they're pretty nervous about that whole "not knowing" thing. Hence, they have to try and make plans to ensure that what happened last season doesn't happen again.

If you've been paying attention, it's been pretty obvious that the Panthers were going to get a backup quarterback this offseason, one way or the other. It was just a question of how it's going to happen. And this is the path they chose.

Theres no need to be condescending, of course I’ve been paying attention and I expected to draft a qb, just not in the third. I know his shoulder is a questionable injury and getting a backup should have been done a few years ago.  When I said we could get a qb tomrw I meant day three of the draft not FA. Filling needs in the draft is risky, but when we have no cap space it’s our only option. 

I just see other teams surround their QBs this draft with help (Ravens and Falcons) and cant figure out why we’re aren’t doing the same. Again, I like Grier, I think he will turn into a damn good player, just not a third. 

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Theres no need to be condescending, of course I’ve been paying attention and I expected to draft a qb, just not in the third. I know his shoulder is a questionable injury and getting a backup should have been done a few years ago.  When I said we could get a qb tomrw I meant day three of the draft not FA. Filling needs in the draft is risky, but when we have no cap space it’s our only option. 

I just see other teams surround their QBs this draft with help (Ravens and Falcons) and cant figure out why we’re aren’t doing the same. Again, I like Grier, I think he will turn into a damn good player, just not a third. 

Not being condescending and sorry if it sounded that way.

Regardless of what you think of Grier, the fact that the Panthers were willing to spend this pick on the backup QB spot can be interpreted as saying something about how nervous they are.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not being condescending and sorry if it sounded that way.

Regardless of what you think of Grier, the fact that the Panthers were willing to spend this pick on the backup QB spot can be interpreted as saying something about how nervous they are.

It’s all good, re reading it I took what you said the wrong way. 

Thats fair they were concerned and I completely understand your point of view. there’s no taking the pick back now, It’s just something il learn to accept and hope for the best. With all the holes on the roster and Hurneys uncanny ability to nail first round picks while completely destroying trade ups and 2-7 round picks, my first reaction was this is a bad pick..in the third. Like I said, it’s done and over with now, we can’t change it, just hope for the best. 

As a final comment on day two, the most entertaining moments of the day came from two former Colts. Reggie Wayne and Pat McAfee hilariously trolled Titan fans with their speeches.

This sort of thing has been happening annually since the league started moving the draft around. Drew Pearson's hysterically funny call put of Eagle fans was particularly good.

9 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Do you REALLY think a back-up, rookie QB would take a team with so many holes (because of things like DRAFTING A BACK-UP QB WITH A 3RD ROUND PICK) to a play-off spot?

Are you that fugging naive?

Oh darn, you are right, we should have drafted that safety that no one has actually drafted yet, because he's gonna make an immediate impact for sure... 

Give me a break and stop being naive yourself.

Archived