• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moose, Godrey and Rosario Miss Thursday's Practice

JakeFlake

great news! If Godfrey's out, we got a better chance of winning.

Remember when Chris Harris was out? The backups at the position sucked. It was proven to us in 3 straight games. We literally have no one better at the position. Unless we go with Sherrod Martin who is still unproven.

I know people on the huddle think he is the worst player in the NFL..put he is solid..playing FS in a scheme thats very bland..for his position.

Godfrey is not solid. I can handle people defending Jake or Fox. B/c at least there is proof prior success and good play. Godfrey is horrible in coverage and horrible attempting to pretend to tackle someone. He is simply not a S.

Godfrey is not solid. I can handle people defending Jake or Fox. B/c at least there is proof prior success and good play. Godfrey is horrible in coverage and horrible attempting to pretend to tackle someone. He is simply not a S.

Godfrey is solid..he is in his 2nd year..learning his 2nd Scheme..what do you expect from him..:confused:

I'm halfway kidding when I give Godfrey grief. He is not very good IMO but I know he's young and learning. I think my biggest beef with Godfrey is that when he actually is where he is supposed to be on any given play, he is always so god damn afraid to tackle someone. Every play that I see him on he won't wrap and tackle anybody. Would I wrap up Antonio Gates charging at me with a full head of steam? No, I don't think I would and I'd go low for the legs. But if you play Safety in the NFL and you can't wrap up a LeSean McCoy, Jerious Norwood or even a Felix Jones sized player, then you are for all intents and purposes, kind of a little bitch. My HS or CC coaches would have kicked my ass if I tackled like Godfrey does(n't) most of the time. I will try to give him time with the learning curve though.

Godfrey is solid..he is in his 2nd year..learning his 2nd Scheme..what do you expect from him..:confused:

I would expect him to look like he atleast played high school football. I can handle errors and him being lost. He has never shown the ability to make tackles or be a ball hawk....you can blow assignments and still show potential. He doesn't show it.

What makes him solid? B/c he wears a Panther uniform? The kid isn't a S. Ask any NFL fan(not a Panther fan) to watch a 2 consecutive games w/ you and tell them to focus on Godfrey and get there opinion. He is bad. It doesn't matter if his backup plays or a guy of the street...he can't do worse. He can play equally horrible but not worse. Godfrey and Jake would have been replaced at this point on any team w/ a semi functional coach.

I would expect him to look like he atleast played high school football. I can handle errors and him being lost. He has never shown the ability to make tackles or be a ball hawk....you can blow assignments and still show potential. He doesn't show it.

What makes him solid? B/c he wears a Panther uniform? The kid isn't a S. Ask any NFL fan(not a Panther fan) to watch a 2 consecutive games w/ you and tell them to focus on Godfrey and get there opinion. He is bad. It doesn't matter if his backup plays or a guy of the street...he can't do worse. He can play equally horrible but not worse. Godfrey and Jake would have been replaced at this point on any team w/ a semi functional coach.

how many Ball hawks are in NFL..and young ones at that?not many..like i have been saying people like to pick a scapegoat and blame him for every thing..well its not all on Godfrey..he is a solid player.nothing special..and he is only in his 2nd year..I think we can do better than him..but to say he is complete trash is stupid.IMO.

Defensive play-calling makes our backs suck too. Sick and tired of soft coverage. I won't be mad at all when Capt. gets another interference call when it's as close as that play was the other day. That was heads-up ball. He just got there a millisec to early ...if any.

how many Ball hawks are in NFL..and young ones at that?not many..like i have been saying people like to pick a scapegoat and blame him for every thing..well its not all on Godfrey..he is a solid player.nothing special..and he is only in his 2nd year..I think we can do better than him..but to say he is complete trash is stupid.IMO.

I'm not suggesting he has to appear to be an elite ball hawk....he needs to show somewhere, somehow, that he is semi good and could have potential to be saftey....he has not shown any potential nor shown he has any of the characteristic to be a S. There are lots of S who show flashes of being a ballhawk.

People keep saying he is solid....but there is not one thing he does remotely well.

Archived