• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meet Cam Newton tonight

raleigh-panther

On 10/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, SBiii said:

Sounds like you had a good time.

Did he offer up any comments on timing of his comeback?  Was he walking normally?  (to the extent one can when in a walking boot)

He was in the boot and you know  those things  are pretty uncomfortable  he was very careful coming up and going down the decks

He did not offer an exact timetable on return  no one would ask him that out of respect  it’s clear he has an issue and the evening wasn’t like a press conference   It honestly was more like meeting someone you have liked from a far and being pleasantly surprised that they were better than you hoped 

when someone asked him if it was hard being a normal person in a smaller city like Charlotte he said, ‘no. The players are just like like normal people and they do normal things. I go to Whole Foods for groceries just like most of you do ‘

We really did have a good time and I applaud roaring riot for doing this   It is not often that a person gets to be around this type of athlete unfiltered 

he was very humble, almost shy to be honest and then he realized everyone there was on his side and he just really relaxed 

what impressed me the most about him was he was a really good listener. You would think he would just want to talk about himself.  He didn't.  He asked questions and had the fans come up to answer 

Some of the things he said

1  he asked people what they did to celebrate a Panthers win  when he answered and this made everyone lol   He would go to McDonalds and get two filet o fish sandwiches with extra pickles  on Mondays this was before he became a vegan

2  my friend asked him about who his favorite designer was.   He laughed and said ‘I am...a nd before anybody asks, I don’t care what other people say about it’

3  he said he was huge fans of Love Dovey (Kyle), CMAC, and that he liked Charlotte

4.  He said the team had a pulse, a pulse that can be built on

I don’t think any of us know what is going to happen.  If joe Montana and John Unitas  and others can be cut or traded, so can Cam. It’s a business.  I can only say that this man made this team relevant. He carried it every year he was here until he couldn’t do it anymore and I am Grateful I had the chance to meet him  And say ‘thank you ‘

On 10/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, rayzor said:

Interesting (but not surprising) that the pats fan first mentioned passing a kid by before mentioning he saw him give food to homeless people. At least he mentioned that, but it's obvious he's more drawn to the negative narrative.

I guess it's not the hot edgy take that gets an attention whore noticed.

Makes me wonder how many random kids to which Tom Brady stops and devotes significant personal time?

My guess is that Lord Tom wouldn’t be caught dead mingling with the riff-raff.  What do you think?

Remember in what I think was the 2012 offseason when there was this huge story that blew up about Cam "charging for autographs"?  And it turned out that the whole thing was based on an event he was going to be signing stuff at with an entry fee which is exactly what every other star NFL player does? 

Back when I cared more I got into it with a bunch of dumbasses on some other site over it.  I even posted flyers advertising guys like Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, the lord of football himself Tim Teb0w, etc. doing the exact same poo.  Didn't matter at all- Cam is scum, fake smile, etc.

14 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Makes me wonder how many random kids to which Tom Brady stops and devotes significant personal time?

My guess is that Lord Tom wouldn’t be caught dead mingling with the riff-raff.  What do you think?

I've read people describing encounters with Tom Brady in public.  Spoilers he's a massive dick.

Archived