• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting rid of Cam would be an astronomical mistake

KillaCamNewton

3 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Yeh Jordan gross dispelled that Cams first game. He said cam was calling the protections and changes.

Chud just implemented a scheme that was faster. I believe he would have scaled it back much faster than Shula.

I would have loved to see Cam in Bruce Arians system. Perfect fit.

This comment was about the second season when Chud went all read option crazy and actually let Cam do less than his rookie year.  Chud didn't care about Cam, he was simply showing everyone what a smart guy he was as he auditioned for a head coaching job.   

16 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

-franchise QBs dont grow on trees. there have been 14 QBs drafted in the 1st round since Cam's MVP season. How many of them would you actually take and be confident we could win a Super Bowl with? maybe 5? Watson, Mahomes, Wentz, Jackson and Murray?

Of the group you list I'd only be confident in 1, maybe 2.

Mahomes...and to a lesser degree, Watson.

Just now, panthers55 said:

This comment was about the second season when Chud went all read option crazy and actually let Cam do less than his rookie year.  Chud didn't care about Cam, he was simply showing everyone what a smart guy he was as he auditioned for a head coaching job.   

Very true.

that season was a waste. We finally got a defense to help out and we go and dump Shockey for Tolbert,... and then there was Naanaa ha.

and people want to compare completion percentage for Kyle versus Cam— good lordie,..

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

That’s why I think people are short sighted and crazy with the only reasonable explanation is they hate the black guy doing dabs and smoking cigars,... 

you would think with all the children’s charities, foundation and time with high schoolers Cam spends people would lighten up.

i guess if a dude isn’t a quiet smiling “good old boy” he’s a problem.

we get rid of Cam and ride the Kyle followed by the Grier we are fooked— forever in mediocre hell.

draft a quarterback and have a 1 in 7 chance of having them be anything.

i guess people forget the inspirational Cam that rallied his Auburn team in the Iron Bowl— it was like 28-3 Ha.

thats when I knew he was our guy.

8 minutes ago, JARROD said:

(i)  That’s why I think people are short sighted and crazy with the only reasonable explanation is they hate the black guy doing dabs and smoking cigars,... 

(ii)  you would think with all the children’s charities, foundation and time with high schoolers Cam spends people would lighten up.

(iii)  i guess if a dude isn’t a quiet smiling “good old boy” he’s a problem.

(iv)  we get rid of Cam and ride the Kyle followed by the Grier we are fooked— forever in mediocre hell.

(v)  draft a quarterback and have a 1 in 7 chance of having them be anything.

(vi)  i guess people forget the inspirational Cam that rallied his Auburn team in the Iron Bowl— it was like 28-3 Ha.  thats when I knew he was our guy.

(i)  Total nonsense.

(ii) Completely irrelevant to on-field ability, which is the only thing that matters in the buy/sell decision.

(iii)  More nonsense.

(iv)  Maybe, maybe not.  That said, unless Cam is unable to get  mentally geared up to play NFL football again...there is zero chance Tepper doesn't bring him back for 2020.

Put another way, there is NFW owner Tepper is going to blow out Cam and gamble on Allen/Grier just to save $19M....

(v)  Not relevant.  Drafting a QB in the high rounds this year is not in the cards.

(vi)  Not relevant.  At this point in time Cam's Iron Bowl exploits carry the same relevance as his laptop pilfering skills --- namely, none.

5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

(i)  Total nonsense.

(ii) Completely irrelevant to on-field ability, which is the only thing that matters in the buy/sell decision.

(iii)  More nonsense.

(iv)  Maybe, maybe not.  That said, unless Cam is unable to get  mentally geared up to play NFL football again...there is zero chance Tepper doesn't bring him back for 2020.

Put another way, there is NFW owner Tepper is going to blow out Cam and gamble on Allen/Grier just to save $19M....

(v)  Not relevant.  Drafting a QB in the high rounds this year is not in the cards.

(vi)  Not relevant.  At this point in time Cam's Iron Bowl exploits carry the same relevance as his laptop pilfering skills --- namely, none.

I and iii— totally true. Cam has caught hell from the beginning with haters only quieting down when we were winning. They came right back the first chance they could.   Russell Wilson, McNabb, Warren Moon and others did not dab, Superman, wear towels and played the good ol boy game.

iv— true. Maybe Cam is healthy and maybe not. If he is, he’s back and he plays. I would say zero chance Healthy Cam is traded or released.

v— true. Maybe Fromm makes it to us,.. it’s still very early and we have no idea where they all go. Maybe most fall,.. I don’t like most of them— 

vi— of course it does— plays into real character and leadership. It’s the tell tell for me of what a quarterback is going to be.  

12 minutes ago, JARROD said:

I and iii— totally true. Cam has caught hell from the beginning with haters only quieting down when we were winning. They came right back the first chance they could.   Russell Wilson, McNabb, Warren Moon and others did not dab, Superman, wear towels and played the good ol boy game.

iv— true. Maybe Cam is healthy and maybe not. If he is, he’s back and he plays. I would say zero chance Healthy Cam is traded or released.

v— true. Maybe Fromm makes it to us,.. it’s still very early and we have no idea where they all go. Maybe most fall,.. I don’t like most of them— 

vi— of course it does— plays into real character and leadership. It’s the tell tell for me of what a quarterback is going to be.  

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

8 hours ago, SBiii said:

he puts up good numbers and i think he is going to be really good but i wont lie i wasnt too impressed with him against us. if he makes those throws that we were begging him to make that game was a blowout

Archived