• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better analysis than Joe Person's NFL sources

PantherBrew

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

In theory, but no it isn’t going to work this way. The Panthers, who can’t/won’t extend him the way he wants, will also not hold him hostage here. 

But they very well may want to decide where he goes instead of a potential division or conference foe. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

But they very well may want to decide where he goes instead of a potential division or conference foe. 

Yeah that’s true. I just will be very shocked if this gets ugly. They won’t let it get ugly for the team’s sake or for Cam’s. Ultimately the team (Hurney and Tepper) will look like the bad guys though. But they’re not going to keep Cam from getting another deal. It just won’t be here. 

19 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Yeah that’s true. I just will be very shocked if this gets ugly. They won’t let it get ugly for the team’s sake or for Cam’s. Ultimately the team (Hurney and Tepper) will look like the bad guys though. But they’re not going to keep Cam from getting another deal. It just won’t be here. 

Yeah I don't think it will be contentious and I doubt Cam would hold out. Given his all out style on the field he doesn't strike me  as someone who wouldnt take chances on himself or be afraid to get hurt on a 1 year deal. His agent might disagree 

Archived