• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina needs a healthy Cam.

rayzor

59 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The current iteration of the Carolina Panthers should be the most sobering reflection of the fact that you can't win games with a talented running back alone. You still need an OL, and you still need a competent quarterback first and foremost. And to acquire that QB you have to fork over some salary cap. It's that simple. If you guys are wanting to make McCaffrey a top paid rb you better be prepared for more losing because without a QB Christian damn sure isn't winning games by himself.

I can agree with that for the most part, thought it brings up the question of do you go with the successful modern NFL model? Ditch Cam for some picks, take a QB, and build around him? CmC can carry an offense and help immensely to win the game. I'm at the point where you have to take the sure thing and keep the franchise QB, and finally try to protect him, but you are doing him a disservice if you don't try and build around him more, which is kind of what CmC was for. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

What we need and what may be available to us may be two different things.

Hope it's not, but reality and all...

Yep. Easiest thing to work out would be for Cam to be healthy. Known commodity if he is healthy. Anything else is going to be a gamble. Risky either way. Step away from Cam and there's no guarantee that we can find someone that is talented and dynamic enough of a presence to fill that void.

Just now, rayzor said:

Yep. Easiest thing to work out would be for Cam to be healthy. Known commodity if he is healthy. Anything else is going to be a gamble. Risky either way. Step away from Cam and there's no guarantee that we can find someone that is talented and dynamic enough of a presence to fill that void.

Yep, it's a rough road ahead. However, I don't think the team should throw away Kyle at this point. As I stated in another thread, young QBs, even the greats, have games like this.

I do, however, believe the window has just about shut on this generation of the Panthers as a team. I don't have a realistic hope that the Cam we all know and marveled over is ever coming back. I don't think we'll see Greg Olsen back next year. I think we are seeing a decline in Luke's game. I think KK is done here (and probably should have been traded some time ago). 

And, even I have to admit, that Ron has hit the end of his ability. That team played with little fire yesterday outside of a handful of players. I think Marty 2.0 is doing well on getting people, but the locker room culture has become to much "arrived" and not enough "hungry." To much drip, not enough grit.

Archived